Standoff Team Completes Final Cutscenes (August 2, 2008)

Been playing through So1 from the SNES now, third- or second-to last missinthey ask you to perform a strike in a scimitar, challenging, but not impossible :cool:

I think the book mentions the Kilrathi have all new fighters for the invasion.. also I think I remember the Darket as having entered service around that time. Any chance we'll fight some of the next generation Kilrathi fighters? That would be neat to see how the old Confed ships do against the newer Kilrathi fighters.

I think the book mentions the Kilrathi have all new fighters for the invasion..

I don't think it does - you're probably thinking of the early reference to the Vatari, which is never followed up in the actual battle.

also I think I remember the Darket as having entered service around that time.

This one is correct; the Wing Commander IV novelization retcons Darket into the Battle of Earth. I'd personally love to see them there in Standoff... but maybe done in a Wing Commander 2 style.

Maybe as a little motivator here, I'll pass on a story from the Mythic event.

A day or two before we started at EA, LOAF, Frosty and I hit a computer junk store to get some last minute supplies. One of the clerks there was familiar with the CIC and recognized LOAF. We talked about quite a bit there in the shop, but he was particularly excited when we mentioned Standoff at one point. He started rattling off his favorite character names and favorite missions and different things you could do on the different paths. He went on for 5-10 minutes probably. And he was very very anxiously awaiting the final chapter to see how it all would end.

I know this is a bit late as a reply BUT it looks like you got me
thats if we where talking about L & Y Electronics here in Va??

I have to agree, Been a long time Wing Commander fan- I am sorry though about getting
so involved with said subject but when you get a bit of a legend in the store well you know

HOWEVER- Keep up the good work (Keep'em flying!!)

-Hayzar

This one is correct; the Wing Commander IV novelization retcons Darket into the Battle of Earth. I'd personally love to see them there in Standoff... but maybe done in a Wing Commander 2 style.

Me too. I could picture a battle where your flight is getting chewed up by the next generation Kilrathi fighters and all seems lost until you get a comms to hold out for some re-inforcements from the Concordia. Then a flight of next generation Arrows starts bailing you out. This would only require one or two next generation Kilrathi fighters and they could use the same Arrow they already have (maybe just tweak it's stats to fit the WC3 Arrow, or just leave it as it is).

It would, but we're just one project, we really can't do everything ;). Just look how many ships we have already... too many, really.

I have to agree, Been a long time Wing Commander fan- I am sorry though about getting
so involved with said subject but when you get a bit of a legend in the store well you know

HOWEVER- Keep up the good work (Keep'em flying!!)

Hey, nothing to apologize for! We're always happy to talk to excited Wing Commander fans, and everyone is anxious for the next chapter of Standoff.

Okay, something that's been nagging me for the last few days - that last post *was* a joke, right? We *are* going to fight Vatari? Or did you suddenly change your mind or decide that it would contradict FA's plot?

Could we please FLY the Vatari - in the simulator that is...
please...
PLEASE...
Pretty please with sugar on top PLEASE!!!!!!!
:D

Could we please FLY the Vatari - in the simulator that is...
please...
PLEASE...
Pretty please with sugar on top PLEASE!!!!!!!
:D

It's not that easy. One of the other ships would have to be removed (much like the Tarsus was to make room for the Arrow).

Well, they've already cast the Raptor aside to fly this new civie... what not move the civie?
We haven't cast the Raptor aside - the CIC Birthday present was just that - a birthday present. It wasn't a patch for Standoff, and the changes it made won't appear in Episode 5. We do not intend to make the Artemis flyable in the sim, the Raptor will remain right where it is.

Also, please bear in mind that we're aiming to have a proper cockpit for every sim-flyable ship in Episode 5. Eder still hasn't had time to make the Morningstar and Talon cockpits. So, even if it wasn't a problem adding more than 14 ships to the sim (to be honest, I don't even remember if that is an issue any more - it certainly was back when there was 7 + 7 ships, but the patch that made 14 ships always available may have resolved this issue too), we don't want to add any more flyable ships because we're trying to finish Standoff, and adding a new cockpit mesh to Eder's to-do list every week really doesn't help ;).

That's right - you guys should be bugging us to finish the game, not to not ever finish it. :p

If you don't finish this game, you've killed off all hands of the TCS Firekka! Can you really live with that guilt? We rendezvous with the Concordia, jump to Sol, and

nothing...

I guess that would mean our ship mis-jumped and splattered our atoms all over space!

Just do it and get 'er done!

Finish it

dooodz! Finish it pleeeeaze? :p

I'm only going to say this once kids- Be careful what you wish for.

P.s. No one appreciates your work until you are gone.

-Hayzar
-United East Coast System Operator's Guild

(Fight the good fight - Keep'em Flying!)

Back