Standoff has heads that talk.

Talking cat heads would be a little beyond our capabilities, I fear. The only cats we have are greenised versions of the WCP comms.

Hehe, yes, so I've heard - but we couldn't extract WC3 comms, while we could extract WCP comms, greenise them and put them back in, so we took the long way round.

I thought HCl's Movie Player managed to play the green comms. But I suppose that's not the same as extracting since they can only be saved as uncompressed AVIs...

I don't remember. Had it been able to save them as uncompressed AVIs, that would have been good enough for us - so presumably, there was some difficulty with that (or maybe I just didn't notice?).

Amazing!Nothing more to say.I didnt expect standoff to be so so so great!

please Eder dont show us anymore screenshots ,show some mercy we are waiting this game like crazy and you make this harder with all these spoilers!

Bring on the game,now :cool:

Eh, just wait to see the other things we haven't revealed ;).

(all right, all right, so I suppose most of them won't be as unusual and impressive as this talking heads business, but I think it's safe to say there's some other interesting stuff waiting to be seen :cool: )

Maybe it's just me, but I think the Quine is the most impressive (and unexpected) surprise yet. You guys are really going all-out.

Quarto said:
Eh, just wait to see the other things we haven't revealed ;).

(all right, all right, so I suppose most of them won't be as unusual and impressive as this talking heads business, but I think it's safe to say there's some other interesting stuff waiting to be seen :cool: )

Yeah, talking heads are impressive and all, but im still anxious to see any aditions you guys made for the engine command-wise...errr...is that even a word? :p

Argh, i got relearn how to make missions, my own little project is stuck only for the lack of finishing the missions.

KillerWave said:
Yeah, talking heads are impressive and all, but im still anxious to see any aditions you guys made for the engine command-wise...
Well, there's been a bit, but the real innovations are yet to come (and Standoff probably won't take advantage of them too much). For example, Tango's working on commands that would allow the saving of stats from one mission to the next - like if you end a mission by jumping to another system instead of landing.

SH*T!!

What the hell happened while I was out this month.

"Nice piece of work, sir."

Truly amazing and KUDOS TO THE WHOLE TEAM!!!

Really good music, too; albeit a bit midi/syntheized sounding but that does add extra WC2 feeling to it.

Back