Standoff guide idea

I was looking through the game guides earlier today. And I thought it would be really cool to gather the mission trees and helpful ways people have come up with to beat the missions. Into a guide like the guides already available on https://www.wcnews.com/guides

But that's just a thought. I'd be happy to help put it togather, although I'm not very good with html formating.

Last edited by a moderator:
The guide will have team members' strategies for completing missions. The mission trees that I've already posted will be a section of the guide.

As it stands now the guide is at roughly 70 pages (for Characters, story intro and very rough mission walkthroughs). I'm not good at HTML, so it will become available in MS word format (or RTF...)

I plan on going through all the current mission text and editing it a bit better and then adding in the Ep5 paths (which is the only big thing left to add). I then have tons and tons of fact-checking to do. I'm betting 90% of the numbers I have for fighters in missions is wrong (as they are based off very old original internal mission outlines) and I'd like them at least in the ballpark...I just need to learn where to find the numbers in the mission code...

Right now most of the team is busy catching up with real life and putting the final touches on Standoff (Sim 6)...then we are doing an internal post-mortem on the whole project...so once that's done I'm going to turn full attention to the guide and try to get a 1.0 version out before the holidays if not sooner. Later on I'd like to add a Joan's section and maybe a few other sections (Sim strategies, achievement list, etc). But way back to your original point, at a future date it might prove useful to add the best strategies from the CZ to the guide proper...we'll just have to see.

Back