Spoony Experiment's Privateer 2 review

Yeah, this horrible internet habit of throwing statements at people's feet and expect people to stroke their chins and agree with you like you're some kind of genius - that ain't how this board works.

Debate=good, insults=bad. If people disagree with what I say, fine, feel free to rubutt it, and then if I disagree I will do the same. That is the way debates work on virtually every forum I have ever visited. How do they work on this one then, by starting ad hominem attacks if you disagree with someone?

Oh, and as for not replying to you, I didn't mean in general just that specific point. I was referring to replying to your assertion that Enterprise was some big departure. Rebutting that would take time that I simply do not think is worth spending if you are just going to resort to insults.

EDIT: You know what fine, let's just agree to disagree okay? You think what you think, I think what I think. I won't apologise for stating my mind, and I won't preface every sentence with IMHO, but since this isn't worth getting bent out of shape over there will really be no more from me on this topic.

111162102301.png

Whoops! Sorry, seems like I dropped into the wrong thread - thought this is about Privateer 2....

For me the only real downside of P2 was that it was so far from being a Wing Commander game in terms of story, background, etc.
It didn't feel like a WC game to me - just saying that it is set 100 years in the future is not enough.

On the other side I liked the great cutscenes featuring fantastic artists and the completely different and sometimes weird looking design used in it.

Spoony is right in a lot of things he is pointing out, still PC2 was a lot of fun to play. Since there is no such thing as a perfect game I can live with a certain number of mistakes in games - that's just human :)

Spoony is right in a lot of things he is pointing out, still PC2 was a lot of fun to play. Since there is no such thing as a perfect game I can live with a certain number of mistakes in games - that's just human :)

And that's a fine conclusion. In case my point got lost in the chatter, I'd like to reiterate that Spoony isn't trying to make accurate points here. :) In case some people happen to be under the impression that he's like a game reviewer or something, he doesn't hide the fact that he's not reviewing products. He makes a living off of exaggerating and blowing things out of proportion for entertainment purposes.

Recently purchased Privateer2 from GOG.com. Was thrilled to fire up the game and finally have working FMVs! Played about 2 hours, and ended up uninstalling the game. It doesn't feel/play like a WC game. Gameplay was overall disappointing for all of the reasons Darth Servo listed. However, within those 2 hours the cinematics looked breathtaking.

CIC, thankfully, has a place to pull the cinematics from in a single zip file: www DOT wcnews DOT com / news / update / 7272. I'll enjoy watching these.

Back