Spirit was coolest

Originally posted by Chip
I remember when I bought my 1st WC game, WCI for the SNES, the first pilot I was with was Spirit. She was one of the most reliable people you could count on. In WCIII, I always thought that Maniac and Flint would've had something -- they think pretty much the same way. Maniac doesn't follow orders and does he wants and that's the way Flint is. Also, isn't Angel older than Blair? Also, here's something interesting, in WCATV, Blair likes that tech Maya on the Tiger's Claw, I think if they redo the WCI game, or make a prequel for it, they should include a chance for Blair & Maya to get to get together.

I didn't really like WC games on SNES because it was like.. the ships were 2D images and stuff in space. It would be better in a 3D model. :D

WC for SNES is the only way I have ever played WCI because I was to young when it originally came out and I missed the Kilrathi Saga (DAMN DAMN DAMN).

I have played both (i picked up WC1 for SNES from Funkoland a few weeks ago) and except for some sound effects, which were better in KS, the graphics are pretty much the same.

Originally posted by Earthworm
I quite positively remember being able to take out some space stations without needing torps...:)

There was indeed. The Confed supply depot in SO1. Also, the Confed starbase was vulnerable to conventional weapons in WC Academy. However, Academy is a simulator, so its stats are less important than what we see in WC2.

Originally posted by Chip
In WCIII, I always thought that Maniac and Flint would've had something -- they think pretty much the same way. Maniac doesn't follow orders and does he wants and that's the way Flint is.

That last part is true. They do have similar mannerisms, but in the Flight Tactics section of the Wing Commander III manual, you can see that they clearly don't think alike.

[Edited by WildWeasel on 01-29-2001 at 18:48]

I loved the scene where they're discussing Flash's blatant disregard for authority outside of Tolwyn's. Too, the "Does he pat you like that?" Not to mention, "Isn't he the guy from Star Wars?" :) I've always wanted know if that was deliberate or a genuine mistake on Wilson's part.

Originally posted by Supdon3
And that space station if I remember was Heaven's Gate above Ghorah Kar, a Kilrathi system that had defected to Confed but was retaken by the Kilrathi, making it a captured Confed base

Actually, the Heaven's Gate starbase was, strangely enough... in Heaven's Gate! The starbase above Ghorah Khar was Olympus. Anyway, it's good to see even all-knowing Earthworm makes mistakes. ;)

wc2

i never played it much, i got annoyed when i took out 3 kilrathi (sakkha class fighter?) on like the 2nd mission, and turned round to see my wingman and the remaining kilrathi flying round in circles, they did it for like 5 mins and then i decided to kill my wingman for being stupid. then i was attacked by terran ships for some reason, despite there being no carrier in the area

dodgy, that.

on another note - why is paladin spanish/portuguese or whatever in the movie, yet he is a scot in the games?

As far as I remember, this is how the progression of weapons vs. shields went.

WC I - energy weapons could take out all shielding.
WC II - Energy weapons could take out fighter shielding but Cap Ships phase shielding had advanced to where torps were needed.
WC III - Energy weapons had once again advanced to where Cap Ship shielding succumbed to them.
WC IV - Energy weapons could take out Cap Ship shields, but it took a while, so torps were recommended.
WCP/SO - Confed energy weapons (except for Plasma Gun on Devistator) could not penetrate the Phase Shielding around the Bridge, Engines and Hangars.

Someone correct me if I am wrong.

Back