special ops

Rigit

Swabbie
Banned
I recently have obtained a copy of special ops. Episode 3 I think it is I'm having trouble with. I believe it is "unfriendly terms" Your suppose to rescue a supply convoy 1 ship is destroyed before you ever get out of the hanger and are able to start play. The first thing I do is hit the booster pack. But there is no way to get there in time. The game keeps blowing the next ship before I can ever reach it or any enemy for that matter and saying mission failed. Is there a patch or something. I can't win or lose a level I can't play.

There's one or two missions where there is no way to save the transports. It's scripted that way. I would have to check if this particular mission is one of them though.

Also, how are you running the game, and on what kind of system? Are you using any patches or have you applied compatability modes to the EXE?

There's one or two missions where there is no way to save the transports. It's scripted that way. I would have to check if this particular mission is one of them though.

Also, how are you running the game, and on what kind of system? Are you using any patches or have you applied compatability modes to the EXE?

I'm running on on windows xp pro under windows 98 compatibility mode. I'm pretty sure you're not suppose to fail it. Typically in another mission where you fail to save them the game doesn't say mission failed and the characters go into how that was sorry work. I have no patches, knowledge of patches or where to get them. The game is just to old.

That mission is not "Unfriendly Terms" but I think you might be talking about "Friends In Need" where you have to save three transports: Shy Meadows, Kyoto Rose, and Cheryl’s Song. If this is the mission you are referring to then all three can be saved.

I seem to recall an error out there that sounds much like you described but the only recourse I remember was to start over again. Sorry.

Try the game guide it might help you a little.
http://download.wcnews.com/files/so/soguide2.0pdf.zip
I'm working on an updated version of the guide but that won't be out for little while.

That mission is not "Unfriendly Terms" but I think you might be talking about "Friends In Need" where you have to save three transports: Shy Meadows, Kyoto Rose, and Cheryl’s Song. If this is the mission you are referring to then all three can be saved.

I seem to recall an error out there that sounds much like you described but the only recourse I remember was to start over again. Sorry.

Try the game guide it might help you a little.
http://download.wcnews.com/files/so/soguide2.0pdf.zip
I'm working on an updated version of the guide but that won't be out for little while.

Yes that's the one. I do start over but it takes a few times or more. I have to be able to get to the enemy to fight them but I fail the mission before I can get there on the boosters even.

Yes that's the one. I do start over but it takes a few times or more. I have to be able to get to the enemy to fight them but I fail the mission before I can get there on the boosters even.

To get a "success" you only need to save the Shy Meadows. The other transports are a bonus objective.

Don't aim for the transports though. Ignore the Devil Rays and target the bombers (the red mantas). Go for whichever one is closest to you first.

If a ship is blowing up before you can even hit the boosters then something is really wrong.

To clarify when I said start over I meant start the game over not the mission.

I don't remember if the error was in SO or Standoff but I remember if you flew poorly on several missions before it this error would pop up. (Now that I think of it it might have bee Standoff and not SO.)

Back