Space Sim First Look: Star Conflict (October 14, 2011)

ChrisReid

Super Soaker Collector / Administrator
Music Guru spotted a sharp looking new PC MMO space sim, Star Conflict. Players control everything from small scout ships to large warships and ultimately fleets. There's a wide variety of missions and strategies that then determine each person's style of playing the game. A preview video is available at the game's website.

Star Conflict, a dynamic new MMO action game that puts you at the helm of a space ship to fight in the star fleet?s massive battles!

Three thousand years have passed since the first colonists left Earth. Now the galaxy is divided between the militant star empires and independent mercenary groups. In a remote corner of the galaxy ? Sector 1337, the area of the dead ? a world has been left behind. Here, the ruins of a great civilization of Precursors have recently been discovered. Huge factories and sprawling cities are falling into decay. Fragments of ships lie on the fields where massive battles were once fought. But there is not a living soul. Everything has been destroyed by a mysterious Cataclysm ? a pulsing anomaly that burned out all life within this sector.

--
Original update published on October 14, 2011

Last edited by a moderator:
Beautiful renders. I remain amazed at how games look these days, considering I somehow expect everything to continue to look like an improved version of Dark Forces somehow.

It's pretty, but those shots have some heavy post production on them - photoshop filters etc.

Obviously good news for the space sim genre, though I did cringe a bit when it mentioned that this all goes on in sector 1337.

From the info out so far, there doesn't seem to be anything very innovative about it. The ship designs and colorful backgrounds could be from many other space games. I hope that it will have more than a little game-play gimmick as its claim to originality.

I just wish someone would get around to making a Homeworld 3. After a new Wing Commander game, I can't think of any series I'd want to see revived more.

Hi, everyone
Gaijin® Entertainment and Star Gem, Inc. are announcing the launch of the official Star Conflict website at star-conflict.com. The official website will provide the latest information about Star Conflict and serve as a hub for customer support and community activities. There’s also a newsletter sign-up for those who wish to stay in touch with the Star Conflict universe and its community.
The following sections are now available:
NEWS: The latest updates about the game’s upcoming release.
GAME: Star Conflict details, including Part 1 of the game’s Storyline. (Be sure to check back soon for Part II, which will reveal important backstory about the conflict and the parties involved.)
MEDIA: Game assets, including a new set of screenshots to give you an idea of Star Conflict’s amazing visuals.
FORUM: A place for players to discuss Star Conflict.

A couple of new alpha-version screenshots:
j.jpg

e.jpg

Star conflict looks something like World of warplanes in space.
Its made by the same company who makes War thunder: WOrld of planes, the direct competitor by world of warplanes, but i dont care, when i saw it i was like: OMG BEST GAME EVER! Most of my friends on facebook were playing the new game Immortal Realms, so I search this game on DotMMO. And I found it isn't worth playing. But if you don't mind the same gameplay of other browser games, you can have a try.

Back