Sounds like Wing Commander

I prefer this thread to the sequel

this is the original and best

sounds a lot like the wc1 theme

how did you find this?

Hm, I don't know where it's from... I downloaded it from somewhere some years ago, and now recovered it when I was browsing some of my old CD-Roms. I think it was a title for a game.

Something tells me Roberts would be ticked off if he heard it.

Maybe different enough to prevent a lawsuit but too darn similar to the WC theme.

Something tells me Roberts would be ticked off if he heard it.

Maybe different enough to prevent a lawsuit but too darn similar to the WC theme.

Except that EA nor Roberts has the rights to the WC1 or 2 music... IIRC team fat has those.

Very True.
So basically Roberts only has the rights to the music from the movie?

EA probably has the rights to WC3-P music... but the movie music rights may or may not be with Fox, or Arnold/Kiner... I'm not really familiar with how these things work in movie land. But Any new music in new EA games is either Licensed or written under contract so that EA retains the rights.

It's an odd situation. The Fatman apparently retains some rights to the music he did for WC1 and 2... but so does EA, as they own the remastered versions George Oldziey did for The Kilrathi Saga.

In so far as I know, Chris Roberts doesn't retain any Wing Commander related rights (though EA has apparently always been happy to grant him whatever he wants to develop things like a movie or a TV show).

Back