Sorthak

Howdy,
Six turreted Meson Blasters -- four forward and two rear. 4 Heat Seekers and 4 Image Recognition missiles in a 2x4 configuration. 10 decoys.

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
Howdy,
Six turreted Meson Blasters -- four forward and two rear. 4 Heat Seekers and 4 Image Recognition missiles in a 2x4 configuration. 10 decoys.
..and a hollow-point partridge in a pear tree.:D

I read somewhere that the Sorthak was like a cross between a fighter and a corvette. Pretty poor excuse if you ask me( but don't ask me). The shielding isn't much better than a Voktoth, aveages about 50cm thicker. About the only thing it has going for it is a slight increase in manevuerability and thicker rear armor. As far as offensive capabilities it's probably on par with the Voktoth. Meson guns have a damage capcity of 35cm with an average refire delay. The Voktoth has three different types of guns that give a pilot more flexability. With the Sorthak having all her guns on turrets it gives it a slight advantage at being able to engage multiple targets at once.

Reading the stats is easy, but fighting a Sorthak in the game is much tougher than a Vaktoth.

It's those double rear meson turrets. Try going against them on Nightmare in an Arrow with a missile or two left. Get banged up pretty bad...If they only had 4HS and 4IR I wonder why in one mission they are screaming towards the Victory in 2 waves of 2 fighters, other than extra kills for the killboard.

The Sorthak is an interesting concept of ship. The droid TIE fighters with turbo-laser on XWA are somewhat similar, perhaps?

The Sorthak seems to be similar in nature to the WCP Devastator--it is slower than fighters but faster than capships, has lots of armor and shields, plenty of missiles, and turrets on every side. It doesn't have any forward-mounted BFG however--if it had a pair of Tachyon guns in front it might be more of a threat and less of a mini-corvette.

Back