something small I noticed....

Ladiesman^

Spaceman
Seemed a bit weird, but in WCIV when the gen-select weapon is used on Telamon they make the reference to it taking out people with bad vision (among other things)

THEN, Sosa makes a comment like "If I went down there, i'd be dead..."

SOO...what i'm getting at is this. When you infilrate the BL base the officer doing something with the Flashpacks is wearing glasses. That struck me as a bit weird.

Probably just something someone overlooked.

good point, but perhaps they are reading glasses (something that is not genetically determined, it is more of an event caused by old age or constantly changing focus from near to far objects)

More interesting to me is that Blair and whatshisname went down there without any type of bio-contamination suit. Unless the BL had a bunch of total moron geneticists working for them, they should have carried the virus back to the Intrepid and killed Sosa anyway.

The idiot scientists should have known to make the virus able to lie dormant while airborne so that others'd breath it in and carry it into other locations. Granted, you don't always have the luxury of time, but since the BL hadn't been exposed yet, I think they could have taken a bit longer. And I don't want to hear the excuse that they were just testing it. You test it on lab monkeys, not humans.

Blair and company landed after several days of quarantine -- they knew the virus wouldn't affect them.

As for the Black Lance... remember that only a tiny percentage of the BL forces are actually genetically enhanced... most of the people serving them believe they're legitimate Confederation officers.

(That, and what you said about eye problems not necessarily being genetic...)

I got me some good eyes but there are definitly other things to cut me out of that very specific gene pool for.

Know what, depending on how discriminating it was, I MIGHT have survived. I'm slightly overweight. Not by much...but I don't know exactly what the parameters are for it.

But everything else should be in check, good eyes, hearing, avaerage height, anything I missed?

I wouldn't be killed. :) But thats because Sammy is a cool dude! :cool

But then again I don't have blue eyes or blonde hair. BAH! Green eyes are much more original!

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
Blair and company landed after several days of quarantine -- they knew the virus wouldn't affect them.
LOAF, I know we discussed this already, but what's the explanation of the Telamon nanobots (from the game + novels)?

I mean... do they "strike" only once -the first time- or do they remain "active" for a while... hence the quarantine so that Blair could come down afterwards...

Because from what Sosa said, "If I went down there, I'd be dead", it appears that the nanobots would still be active... and that by coincidence... Blair, Dekker, and the two marines that came down with him are genetically "perfect" for the nanobots...

So?

I believe they strike once and then stop being effective -- Sosa may have been referring to being there when the bombs were dropped. (Not that Sosa should know how they work, regardless...)

Well... Sosa might have *been told* how they worked... by Blair for example...
Indeed, we can assume that Blair and Sosa talked to each other after Blair came back onboard, before that conversation scene takes place in the game...

Also, if Ladiesman's quote is correct, the use of the past tense ("went") indicates that supposedly, the nanobots were still active at the time (and therefore also when Blair went on the planet)...

We *know* they weren't effective anymore, since Blair and company went down after the quarantine was lifted. So it's utterly pointless to question what Sosa meant...

The quote, incidentally, is "If I'd gone down to that planet with you, would I be dead now?" -- she's *asking" Blair if she'd be dead, not telling him she would be.

Back