Something in WC4+WCP that bugged me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Earthworm, I think it's time for you to shut up now. Look, of course it's in the same universe. How could it NOT be if it has Blair and Maniac. THE STORYLINE IS DIFFERENT! GET USED TO IT! You have to be a complete idiot to not see all the major dicrempancis, THEN say that it is the same as the others. I'm sorry, the Rapiers and Broadswords DID NOT LOOK LIKE THAT! The Tiger Claw DID NOT LOOK LIKE THAT! Paladin and Blair WERE NOT PILGRIMS! THERE WERE NO PILGRIMS! BLAIR AND MANIAC WERE RIVALS EVER SINCE THE ACADEMY! FIGHTERS DID NOT HAVE TO USE GATLING GUNS WITH NORMAL BULLETS FOR THEIR MAIN WEAOPON! I challenge YOU to provide hard proof... A website, something we can see.... AND SHOW US WHAT YOU KEEP SAYING CHRIS ROBERTS HAS SAID!!!! UNTIL THEN, SHUT UP!!!! You must have a burr up your ass to be as stuborn as you're being. GRRR!!!

SO FREKIN WHAT? I already said that there are some things that don't fit. And if you read Pilgrim Stars, you would know what Taggart did. Based on his actions he could have been striped of the Commodores rank. I gues we'll have to wait one more year for Pilgrim Truth to come out.

Erm, LoneWolf I think maybe you're the one that should shut up. I've already showed to you that you were wrong with saying that Taggart went to inteligence long time after WC1, so I gues I know a little more about WC that you. The Rapiers gun doesen't use bullets, it's a neutron gun. You can call me an idiot, I don't care, because if you do you are and idiot for me.

------------------
Uh excuse me Mr.Cat, sir, but would you mind like ceasing fire for a little while so we can barbecue your god-ugly asses? Todd "Maniac" Marshall Wing Commander Pilgrim Stars

[This message has been edited by Earthworm (edited January 17, 2000).]

Yes, SO WHAT? There's three or so of you, does that mean you're right?

------------------
Uh excuse me Mr.Cat, sir, but would you mind like ceasing fire for a little while so we can barbecue your god-ugly asses? Todd "Maniac" Marshall Wing Commander Pilgrim Stars

Sorry, Earthworm, our arguments don't really need concrete quotes or anything because IT IS SO FREAKING OBVIOUS WHEN YOU WATCH THE MOVIE! And by the way, without any quotes from Mr. Roberts, or some hard connections between the movie and the rest of the stuff, your argument is completely baseless and made-up, and we (or at least I) will continue to shoot every one of your comments down.

NO IT ISN'T OBVIOUS WHEN YOU WACH THE MOVIE. THE MOVIE DOESEN'T CONTRADICT MUCH MORE THAN SOME GAMES WITH OTHER GAMES.

>THE STORYLINE IS DIFFERENT! GET USED TO IT!<

I'll ask you again, what does a story line mean to you?

>I'm sorry, the Rapiers and Broadswords DID NOT LOOK LIKE THAT!<

And I've said many times that the Rapier in the movie is a different model that the Rapier in WC1. Even the Rapier in WC2 looks different than the Rapier in WC1. The Broadswoard can also be a different model.

>The Tiger Claw DID NOT LOOK LIKE THAT<

So WHAT!!!!!!!! The ship looks different it realy doesen't matter. You think they should use the same ship from WC1? That would look stupid. And besides the budget for the movie was small, they could probably make the fighters look like something similar to the games if they had the money.

>Paladin and Blair WERE NOT PILGRIMS! THERE WERE NO PILGRIMS!<

How do you know? Was it ever said that there are no Pilgrims in any of the games/novels. No it wasn't said. They Pilgrims were added, but their addition doesen't mess up the timeline.

>BLAIR AND MANIAC WERE RIVALS EVER SINCE THE ACADEMY!<

They were rivals at the academy, when they went to the Tiger's Claw that rivality went quiet. Blair and Maniac were always close friends. Once again I show that you don't know that much.

>FIGHTERS DID NOT HAVE TO USE GATLING GUNS WITH NORMAL BULLETS FOR THEIR MAIN WEAOPON!<

First there were weapons with real bulletes in WC4, and WCP. And the Mass Driver doese in a way run on ammo. And I already said the gun on the Rapiers is a Neutron gun.

>I challenge YOU to provide hard proof... A website, something we can see.... AND SHOW US WHAT YOU KEEP SAYING CHRIS ROBERTS HAS SAID!!!! UNTIL THEN, SHUT UP!!!! You must have a burr up your ass to be as stuborn as you're being. GRRR!!!<

I already said I can't find the damn thing. YOU SHUT THE HELL UP!!!!!!! You yorself are being stuborn. You think you're right, and I KNOW that I'm right. I already proved you to be wrong on many things. You think you know everything. I know I don't know everything about WC, but I do know, that I know more than you.

------------------

Ok then Earthworm, I think what I'm about to say will close any and all debate. You are saying WCM takes place before WCI. "Bossman"
Chen is present in Wing Commander I. He is said to have been killed in the movie. This should end any arguement you have.

------------------
"I'm putting you back in the cockpit Colonel, where you will be reunited with an old friend, the thrill of battle!"
-Tolwyn to Blair WC IV

Please LoneWolf, if you're so sure that you're right make a list of all the things that are wrong in the movie, and I'll respond proving that all that you said doesen't mean anything. And I'll do it intligently without screaming "SHUT UP!"

------------------

MadDog, do you even know the way Bossman suposodly died in the WCM? He was killed by radiation, but his fighter wasn't destroyed, and it was recovered according to the Confed Handbook. And it has never happened in todays world that a person was presumed dead, but it turned out he wasn't. There's still plenty of time for Telep to explain how he surwived in Pilgrim Truth.

------------------

Actually most well-versed WC people I know easily place the movie in the regular timeline.. They don't generally bother with web-based chat zones because of childish threads like this however.. Earthworm's having to quelch notions that were explained away many months ago in places like the Newsgroup..

[This message has been edited by ChrisReid (edited January 17, 2000).]

Thank you Chris, I don't realy want to argue with them, but I do want to prove my point.

------------------

And I will continue to prove my point that far to many things are different to put it in the Wing Commander game timeline. And I already stated that Chris Roberts said it was a different storyline.

------------------
"I'm putting you back in the cockpit Colonel, where you will be reunited with an old friend, the thrill of battle!"
-Tolwyn to Blair WC IV

And I already stated that Chris Roberts said it is in the same universe/timeline. You're wrong MadDog, admit it to yourself and lets drop this subject. My head realy hurts right now, today I typed more than in the last month.

------------------

Why would i admit it to myself if it is wrong! Chris Roberts himself said it was a different story. |YOU are the one who must come up with a solid source now, because it seems to me you are just pulling this out of the air.

------------------
-Tolwyn to Blair WC IV

Simple question for you, MadDog:

Where did Roberts say the movie and games weren't related?

Movie magazine? What magazine and issue?

Game magazine? Again, what magazine and issue?

------------------
SubCrid Death
Official Net.Nazi, LOAF's Merry Guild

Last edited by a moderator:
I never said they were unrelated, neither did roberts, i just said the storylines were different. The article is from
Starlog #260
p.25
Paragraph 4
Sentence 2-3

------------------
-Tolwyn to Blair WC IV

I talked a little about this with Chris Reid earlier today, and he said that in the same magazine both Prinze and Lillard, as well as Roberts were talking about how well the movie fits with the games.

I realy don't understand what you're talking about MadDog. The movie fits almost perfectly with the game/novel timeline. (or story line as you call it)

------------------

There are some problems, like the start of the war, and bossman (someone who has been found dead by radiation can't revived a couple of days later.) but does it really matter. Think of it however you want, just agree to disagree.

TC

------------------
CAG of the Blacklance HQ
"Canadian and proud of it"-TC

Alright, fine. I would like to see each and every one of these descrepencies explained.

1. Why are Blair and Maniac such good friends in the movie? They've been long time rivals ever since the academy.

2. Why is Paladin a Colonel in Secret Ops in the movie, when in WC1, he is a major and a fighter pilot.

3. Why is Tolwyn not commanding the Tiger's Claw, like he should be?

4. Why do all of the ships (on bothe sides) look completely and uterly different? Did confed and the Kilrathi both stop fighting and completely rebuild their fleets with completely different styles, ships, and names? I doubt it.

5. Why does Paladin have a French accent rather than a Scotish one?

6. Why does Angel have a British accent rather than a French one?

7. Account for the obvious differences between Blair's and Paladin's character traits in the movie and games.

8. Why do the Kilrathi look drastically different (slimy skin, hairless)? Were all the Kilrathi we saw in the movie standing in back of a fighter kicking in it's afterburners? Are they just a different kind of Kilrathi? Why would they look different?

9. Why, my friends, must the movie ships always jump through a Quasar or a black hole, as apposed to the normal, regular jump points of the movies (ALL jumps are in space, far away from spacial abnormalities, and the ones that are near them are off limits for being too unstable)?

10. Where did this Pilgrim stuff come from all of a sudden? (this is an easy one to dipute, but it's a discrepency nontheless)

11. Why are Blair and Paladin Pilgrims? (with the Pilgrim hatred demonstrated in the movie, I doubt a Pilgrim would be elected as the President of the Senate or whatever, even after 25 years)

12. Pilgrims were supposed to have an increadible nack for piloting through the most trickiest of jump points. Where is the need in that with the Game and Novel versions of jump points?

13. Why is Chen (Bossman) dead in the movie when he is supposed to die in WC1, and the movie happens before WC1?

14. Why is Maniac such a wild, outgoing, and "suave" character in the movie as opposed to his character in the games (dork, afraid of confrontation face to face, bad with women, unable to make friends, etc.)?

15. How can Blair and Maniac be rookies on the Tiger's Claw in WC1 when they've obviously seen much combat.

16. Why isn't Blair looked up to more in WC1 for being a hero, or looked down upon for being a Pilgrim?

17. Why is the ship named Tiger Claw in the movie and Tiger's Claw in the games? In the time it would've taken to build a new carrier (Tiger's Claw) Blair would be a Veteren and Ace, for it would have taken several years.

18. Since when is there an onboard computer named MERLIN in the fighters, and why does it talk so human-like? Seems they would have implimented something like that in future fighters as well.

19. Since when have Confed Cap ships been able to actually land on the surface of a planatoid?

20. Why could Blair's fighter make that jump? Jump tech on fighters didn't come until MUCH later. And if the fighter didn't have a Nav Comp, then why did it have Jump drives (Blair engaged them on his fighter to go through the quantum singularity)?

Those are all I could think of, right now, but I know there are more. I'd like REAL explanations, not just speculation. It's late, and I'm tired. I'll have more discrepancies soon.

[This message has been edited by LoneWolf (edited January 18, 2000).]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back