Something in WC4+WCP that bugged me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why don't you start typing with a dictionary on your lap? Works for me.

<yawn> I'm getting sleepy.

------------------
A gun rack? I don't even own a gun, let alone many guns to neccessitate an entire rack.

I believe that either the US or the Royal Navy has a Concordia, I'm not sure.

There's either a USS Concordia, or a HMS Concordia.

BTW, there were two Concordia's in the Game and novel universe, and one so far in the Movie. The Movie Concordia was supposed to be the one from Action Stations, it just never died in the movie's universe(more proof that the movie and the games are NOT in the same universe.)

Where the hell did you get that? The movie Concordia was NOT suposed to be the one from AS. Please don't post bull****t like that.

------------------
Uh excuse me Mr.Cat, sir, but would you mind like ceasing fire for a little while so we can barbecue your god-ugly asses? Todd "Maniac" Marshall Wing Commander Pilgrim Stars

[This message has been edited by Earthworm (edited January 16, 2000).]

It's all right, Earthworm.
wink.gif

And there's no USS Concordia. At least not a carrier.

------------------
A gun rack? I don't even own a gun, let alone many guns to neccessitate an entire rack.

Last edited by a moderator:
Actualy it's not alright. We have people like him coming here, saying that crap without any proof. Thinking they know everything, and now he won't even respond and give the source from where he got it.

------------------
Uh excuse me Mr.Cat, sir, but would you mind like ceasing fire for a little while so we can barbecue your god-ugly asses? Todd "Maniac" Marshall Wing Commander Pilgrim Stars

I don't think he has a source. I think he was just upset that the movie Concordia didn't look like the one from WC2, and "logically" reasoned that it was the one from Action Stations.

------------------

Logically he he. If he knew at least a little about AS he would know that the Concordia in there was a Concordia class fleet carrier, like the ones in WC4. I've seen many posts from him on the old board, writing about the movie not fiting with the games and being in a different universe. You know he is upset. He's upset that there even was a WC movie. And now he made me upset with havig to read his posts, and say things that have been said about a million times before.

The WC movie and the games, and the novels are in the same universe. Yes the Movie conradicts with other stuff in some places but overall it does fit. Please remember that and don't make stupid posts, cause you're upseting Earthworm
frown.gif

Dralthi5- if that infact was his reason to say that, than he realy shouldn't be posting here.

------------------

Chance, would you drop the story line stuff. The story hapens right before WC1 and it fits with the rest of the universe except few minor things. Please tell me what doesen't fit in that makes the whole story screwd up.

And please give me a definition of what story line means to you, because to me a story line is the plot in each individual game or novel, or a series of games/novels based around the same event.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Earthworm (edited January 16, 2000).]

So Cmdr_X, do you have that source? Or do you admit that you were wrong.

------------------

Chance, I have to agree. I saw the movie again the other day and there is no WAY that the movie and games were in the same story lines. The fighters had the same names, but were completely changed designs. The ships all were completely different from the story. Paladin was not in secret ops (intelligence, whatever) until long after his stint on the TIGER'S CLAW. The story was changed to appease a wider audience of people.
Anyway, those were battles, as well as ship names in the U.S. Navy (except for Concordia) The Midway was a carier, now retired and planed to be a floating museum. The Tarawa is an amphibious assault ship stationed in San Diego. There was a ship named the U.S.S. Concord, but is decommisioned. The Lexington was a training ship, also now decommisioned. All of the ships got their names from American and British ships (such as Bonderevsky's frigate 'Coventry')
My two cents

As I have said before, Chris Roberts said that he wanted to do the movie not like the games in order to give another aspect to the universe of WC
smile.gif

------------------
Evilution!

How do you know Taggart wasn't in inteligence before WC1? Then he transfered to be a pilot again and after his "retirement" went back to intel.

>Paladin was not in secret ops (intelligence, whatever) until long after his stint on the TIGER'S CLAW.<

Shows again how much you know. Paladin was in intelligence right after he retired in WC1. I thought you said you read Freedom Flight if so you should know this.

The fighters had a completly changed designs because they were different ships. The ships in WC1 look nothing like the ships in WC3-SO, so WC3 through Secret Ops don't fit with the rest of the universe? I saw the movie at least ten times and it IS in the same universe, there are only minor things that don't fit.

>The ships all were completely different from the story.<

What do you mean? The ships loked different, and good. All ships in WC1 and WC2 looked cartonish, which was OK in a computer game but not in a movie.

I'VE SAID IT A MILION TIMES BEFORE, BUT I'LL SAY IT AGAIN. THE WING COMMANDER MOVIE IS IN THE SAME UNIVERSE (story line) AS THE GAMES! Get it?
smile.gif

------------------

[This message has been edited by Earthworm (edited January 17, 2000).]

For the love of god earthworm the MAKER of the game and the movie said himself that they were two completely different universes. Are you so pretentious that you are going to say Chris Roberts is wrong and you are right?

Starlog #260
p.25
4th paragraph
2nd sentence
AND I QUOTE "I wanted to go back and tell the story of Blair and Maniac and their first tour of duty but the story is different." Chris Roberts

------------------
"I'm putting you back in the cockpit Colonel, where you will be reunited with an old friend, the thrill of battle!"
-Tolwyn to Blair WC IV

[This message has been edited by MadDog243 (edited January 17, 2000).]

Um, no. Sory MadDog but, Chris Roberts hiself said they are in the same universe.

And I will post exactly the same thing every time someone makes posts like that.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Earthworm (edited January 17, 2000).]

read the above message cool guy.

------------------
"I'm putting you back in the cockpit Colonel, where you will be reunited with an old friend, the thrill of battle!"
-Tolwyn to Blair WC IV

What about it cool guy? Yes the story is different, it isn't based on any games or novels. Does it say it's a different universe? NO! In another interview he said that it is the same universe. Of course I can't prove it cause I can't find the damned thing.

------------------

Earthworm sez
"I've said it a million times before, but ill say it again. The wing commander movie is in the same universe (story line) as the games!

He also sez
"Yes the story is different, it isnt based on any games or novels. Does it say its a different universe? No!"

Well, according to your above post it DOES. You just contradicted yourself, anymore wiseass remarks?

------------------
-Tolwyn to Blair WC IV

[This message has been edited by MadDog243 (edited January 17, 2000).]

Yeah whatever, I added story line in the () because Chance talks about it having a different story line. Of course I have no idea what story line means to him. So no I don't contradict myself. Do YOU have anymore wiseass remarks? I know Chris Roberts said it's the same universe.

And by saying story in the second post I meant it isn't based on WC1, so it tells the story of Blair and Maniac before WC1 started. Every game has a different story than the game that came before it.

------------------

Another thing. Taggart holds the rank of Major in WCI, while in the movie he is a commodore. I KNOW that Roberts said that thwy were two different things, so I think I have made my point.

------------------
-Tolwyn to Blair WC IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back