Something I noticed...

Ladiesman^

Spaceman
I've been reading over some of the manuals, and comparing the strengths of various ships. What got me was the Tarsus is like, in every way superior to a Ferrett. BUT, it's defiantly not gameplay-wise. Both have 2 Meson blasters, but the Ferretts work a whole helluva lot better than the Tarsus'. Is that because civilian grade weapons are weaker than the military's? I know there's a few others, but I forgot them now.

Eh, a Ferret having 2 Meson Blasters? I think you mixed sth up. The Ferret is from WC2, the Tarsus from Priv1. Perhaps you meant the Stiletto? And probably the difference (which I besides never noticed) is due to the Tarsus' inferior engine/shield generators, so that the energy runs out more quickly.

The Ferret mounts a pair of Mass Drivers -- and is a tiny little light fighter... the Tarsus is a large jump-capable scout ship.

And the Ferret had Mass Drivers i believe which werent very good in Priv 1, but the military/civilian grade weapons explanation is probably the best explanation.

Of course, the Tarsus is an Exploratory Services surplus ship, not a specifically civilian scout (G)

Well -- you *can't* in Privateer... but presumably you'd want to mount military grade weapons to... fight the military.

The issue is beyond just weapons, though... *everything* in Privateer is inferior compared to the stuff we use in WC3 at the same time -- the engines, the repair droids, the comm systems, the shield generators, the armor alloys, the computer software...

... and I couldn't go on!

I think I meant....*legaly* mount military weapons on civie ships. :) and btw, everything is inferior because confed must have the best!!! *coughs*

Back