Something I noticed in wcp intro

One of the pilots name is Deveraux in the intro, is this possible, J.Deveraux aka Angel was killed in wc3 and i dont know about any relations she has. Or is this a pilot who happens to have the same name as one of the most famous confed pilots.

Yes, she did. Confed felt indebted to her, because w/o her, how would they have known the temblor bomb would work?

i think that's highly Highly unlikely.

i don't think that ship was named after HER.
after all, she was just a pilot, and about the kilrah mission, that stuff might still be clasified

Blair is the one who blew up Kilrah, can't hide that from the public for long:), as taggert is now a politician, i think that got some to do with it. i doubt many people know of his past, or at least the stuff he did

I don't see what's there to doubt. I mean, the odds of a ship named Deveraux being named after somebody other than Angel are pretty slim ;). At any rate, once the war was over, there would have been no point whatsoever keeping Angel's operation secret. And naming an exploration ship after her is very, very appropriate.

well it fits.
Angel died on Kilrah, the Deveraux gets destroyed on Kilrah.
Moral of this story, if you have Deveraux in your name, dont go to Kilrah.

Not only was Angel one of the few people that helped build the depots around Kilrah that helped deliver the Tembler Bomb but she was a decorated war hero as well, who like Captain Eisen was remembered with a ship dedicated to her.

Wouldn't Taggart's involvement in so many black ops such as the Temblor project, spoil his political career.

It wouldn't surprise me if his involvement was kept hushed.

The US has had several presidents who have been involved in the CIA, and Taggerts loyalty and commitment to the Confederation could only be an asset.

Taggart's military reputation earned him a lot of respect in the senate... I'm sure that some of his black ops work had to be mentioned, seing that's what he has been working on for the 20 years since he "retired".

And except for the destruction of Kilrah, and knowing Taggert's morality, its safe to say that his operations were always against military targets.

I think Angel really deserved naming a ship after her. An dI think she deserved something bigger than such a research vessel. A big warship, after all she was a warrior and a good one.
Poor Blair, what a shock when he read the mission log about the Devereaux :)

Reporter: "Is there any truth to the rumors that you masterminded the secret project that won a war and saved trillions of lives?"
Paladin: "None! None whatsoever! That would look bad!"

Anyway, IMO, naming a research ship after someone is potentially far more of an honor than a warship...

Back