Some models...

Haven't checked this thread for a while, its looking great, I want to fly them all.
Loki (Duress) in the Nebula and Scimitar in the asteroids images looks the most visually striking to me. What programs did you use to compose it? or is it straight out the render package?

Having made thousands of ships for games myself, I admire your modelling skills and the detail in your work. Very tidy/even UV layouts! I wish we had the same available texture sizes back in my day. I will keep watching you post. Great to see, all the best.

MPC
These are great. I especially love the Crossbow renders, which I found while searching for info on it. :)

Finally got around to finish another one

The Seagull and Seahawk. Both use a very old model of the Venture as a bases template. Seagull is an SWACS variant with less turrets while the Seahawk is an anti-fighter platform (3 stormfires, 2 lasers, 1 missile)
TCC-Seagull-Hawk-showoff-1.jpg~original

Next up: a broadsword for Deathsnake and a variant of the Shrike.

I have a question about the Shrike's gun mounts. The database says it has 2 particle, 3 mass drivers and a stormfire mk2. First didn't it have charging mass drivers? Not that it's really that important for me. The big question is... where the heck do the three mass drivers go? The wingtips have recesses for 4 slots (two on each side) This works good for the 2 particle cannons, but the three mass??? There's nothing down the center of the ship for a third, plus you have that stormfire. That can be placed between the hull and that extension on the bottom. The odd number works for the broadsword (left,center,right) but here it's a problem.

Also look at the shrike pictures on the main site, it shows four gun barrels. Perhaps 2 particle and 2 mass drivers????

ShrikeBot.jpg

Here are 2 guns on each wing, totally 4
shrike_2x3.png

Hmm Maybe 2 guns inside of the missilebays? The Broadswords sister ^^

Last edited by a moderator:
Ya two for the particle guns, 2 for the mass drivers... that leaves just one. If this was a kilrathi ship, then an asymmetric odd number gun mounts would make sense, but its not. Really weird.

Edit: look at some of the gameplay on youtube. First it has 2 particles 3 mass drivers and ? charging mass and a stormfire. When the ship fires its full guns it's throwing out 2 particles (left and right) and 3 mass drivers (left, right, center). Question is... where is that center one? Course the cockpit frame for the shrike doesn't match what the hull looks like (game play purposes)

A few personally liberties, it's definitely a two-seater now (most bombers should be anyways), one of the mass drivers was dropped.

TCB-Shrike5.jpg~original
TCB-Shrike6.jpg~original
TCB-Shrike7.jpg~original
TCB-Shrike8.jpg~original

The Secret Ops weapon loadout was fun, but I liked the Charging Mass Drivers--one fully-charged blast could obliterate anything lighter than a Moray in one hit, and anything up to a Manta in two.

Finally got around to finish another one

The Seagull and Seahawk. Both use a very old model of the Venture as a bases template. Seagull is an SWACS variant with less turrets while the Seahawk is an anti-fighter platform (3 stormfires, 2 lasers, 1 missile)

That's an interesting naming choice. The one dedicated Confed SWACS we see in the games is named the Seahawk in Wing Commander Prophecy. https://www.wcnews.com/ships/wcpseahawk.shtml

That's an interesting naming choice. The one dedicated Confed SWACS we see in the games is named the Seahawk in Wing Commander Prophecy. https://www.wcnews.com/ships/wcpseahawk.shtml
Weird, I named the seagull after the prophecy seahawk quite a few years ago (the old venture/swacs model). As I updated the seagull, I thought it would be good to have two different variants using the same basic hull design. "Seahawk" just seemed to fit the more combat role, a more predator bird name. Seahawk just seem to fit, perhaps subconscious remembering the name.. dunno.

A few personally liberties, it's definitely a two-seater now (most bombers should be anyways), one of the mass drivers was dropped.

TCB-Shrike5.jpg~original
TCB-Shrike6.jpg~original
TCB-Shrike7.jpg~original
TCB-Shrike8.jpg~original

Hey, it looks like your photobucket pictures are no longer working. Can you repost your Shrike on the forums or another service?

Ya I maxed out my bandwidth at photobucket. Seriously 10gb a month :mad: So basically I need to start looking for more useable options.

Question about the saratoga, what are those 2 ports for on the bottom of the carrier for? Secondary launch tubes? For ship recovery? Torp launcher? Air Con intake?

Question about the saratoga, what are those 2 ports for on the bottom of the carrier for? Secondary launch tubes? For ship recovery? Torp launcher? Air Con intake?

Torpedo tubes (2 in each), although I do like the idea for air conditioner intakes :p
The jutland has dual launch system, the flight deck and launch tubes

Nice! So I'm curious, how are you making the textures for these things? They're obviously bespoke for each one, but there's common elements among all of them - do you just have a library of things you pull from in Photoshop? about how long does it take to make a texture from scratch?

Back