Some Guy Who Didn't Write Prophecy

Wedge009

Rogue Leader
Who is this guy mentioned in the news? Are we supposed to dislike him? How can one claim credit for something he did not do?

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
Something freakishly odd from the Star Trek: Bridge Commander web page: Derek Chester, the man who (falsely) claims to have written the original Prophecy script, has used his fictional job experience to land himself a position writing for this Star Trek title. And now he designed Prophecy's missions, too! They ought to shoot that kid, if you ask me... or at least complain about him to Totally Games.
Should we actually do that? The complaining, not the the shooting bit.

It's hard to tell whether he's lying about it, or if he actually believes he wrote the script to Prophecy.

Apparently he *did* sent that crazy Mantu script from the Ace's Page to Origin years back... but not at their request, and it had nothing to do with the Prophecy script. He also had absolutely nothing to do with Prophecy's mission design.

Basically, he's taking credit for writing Prophecy's script because, unrequested, he sent Origin some fan-fiction...

Always someone out there putting themselves up on a pedistal looking down. Too bad all they see is dirt and no one looking up!

RFB

Yes, but Cadet shall forever remain the same: No picture whatsoever.

Doggone it, I'm never gonna hit 75 posts.

Frankly, the best way to deal with schizophrenics is just to let them run around. Legally, you CAN'T do anything to them unless they are a danger to you or themselves. So, just let this guy be stupid. It's better to laugh at him.

And the Aces are great, I love those guys. I'm an Ace.

He's schizophrenic? When I saw that Prophecy 'script' at Aces, I thought it was just a joke, I didn't think he seriously considered himself to be credited with Prophecy.

It's no typo - cadets simply aren't good enough to get a rank symbol :). No offence to anyone here, though - these ranks are based on real WC ranks, so presumably real WC cadets don't get rank symbols either.

So, ah, do we all agree to assault Totally Games with e-mails demanding his 'credentials' be double-checked?

Its just a shame that Origin screwed the ranks in VS. After all, a Lieutenant General is higher than a Major General in probably all militaries of a Western/British origin.

Speaking of rank pics......in wc4, during vagabonds funeral, (might be catscrathes) did anybody notice that maniacs chest symbol was on sideways? The cutscene goes down the line.... straight symbol......anther straight one..... and so forth until you get to maniacs, and his is rotated 90 degrees! I just busted out laughing! If you guys can't find it, let me know and I'll post a picture later.

Back