Some George Washington humor.

Trev-MUN

Spaceman
Seems like the Joshua craze is simmering down, but I found this in Deus Ex and thought it humorous in the context of "Mr. George Washington Doesn't Approve of Confed" Joshua -

<P><JC><B>The Reluctant Dictators</B>
<P><JC>by Travis Crockett
<P>
<P><JC>Introduction
<P>
<P>Organized at the end of the American Revolution on May 13, 1783, by General George Washington, the Order of the Cincinnati was ostensibly formed as a fraternity to recognize the accomplishments of those officers who had served with distinguishment during the Revolution. However, the true purpose of the Order was the cultivation of a military force ready, willing, and able to accomplish a coup de'etat if the fledgling American democracy began to stumble.
<P>
<P>Skeptical at the viability of the untried democratic system, Washington took counsel in the story of the Roman general Cincinnatus who was called from retirement to serve as Dictator for sixteen days in the defense of Rome, after which he returned home to his farm. In the wake of the Revolution, the United States was vulnerable to any number of outside forces, and Washington felt that a strong, central authority had to be present that could assume control of the government if necessary -- and "temporarily" suspend the Constitution if required.
<P>
<P>Washington resigned as President after only two terms in office, but remained President of the Order of the Cincinnati till his death. The Order still exists to this day, a shadow organization of the wealthy and powerful that has been linked to any number of other organizations ranging from the Illuminati to the Trilateral Commission... X
<DC=255,255,255>

Or the Bush family? :s

(I own deus ex. Conspiracy theory FPS that kicks arse. My sword versus your particle cannon - oh, I win!

I've been to cincinnati (we called it cincinasty) nothing to be proud about being a member of....

Er... okay?

I didn't make this thread for postcount++ reasons, if that's what you're insinuating. I thought this bit of stuff was funny in the Joshua context.

Oh, I was talking about Dundradal. I was giving him the benefit of the doubt and believing that a post that stupid had to be solely about trying to get a rank insignia. :)

Oh, er, whoops. My apologies, then.

Chernikov said:
(I own deus ex. Conspiracy theory FPS that kicks arse. My sword versus your particle cannon - oh, I win!

Heheh. Yeah, I can't believe how many conspiracies they managed to cram into the game and make it all make sense.

And it was a nice piece of history they put on the game about the roman general. I really the story of DX, it was very well done. A game is the ideal media for that kind of plot, really.

I seem to recall some talk of Cincinattus in the Wing Commander novels, as being one of the justifications for the whole conspiracy that Tolwyn was a part of.

DX 1 was alot better than IW in some ways, but IW was better in some ways also.

IW is better in: Graphics, Physics...uh... uhh... um...

DX is all around one of the greatest games ever created!

Don't know what the deal is w/ all this Geo. Washington humor; I don't find him very funny.
My ancestors had a name for him. Wish I could spell it, but the Mohawk translates out into "Town Destroyer". This was due to his nasty habit of burning down Haudenosaunee and other Indian settlements as a matter of military policy when they wanted a nation's land.

Bastard. :mad:

Also, if the libertarian fantasy The Probability Broach is any indication, he was a traitor to his country for imposing new taxes. And Manfred von Richtofen was an evil, evil man.

Kind of funny in the revolutionary war, more "americans" supported the British than, the new goverment. I also read that George wasn't all that good of a tactician.

Once, BabyGurl124, Bob McDob, George Washington and I were just hanging at South Point mall, and we were all like 'go to the custard stand', and George Washington totally ralphed up all his custard. It was way heinous.

Custard's last stand was out on Route 66 in Omaha, just past the right turn that takes you to Albuquerque, I believe... ;)

...but, it closed down 2 yrs ago d/t inability to compete with the frozen yogurt juggernaut...

Bandit LOAF said:
Once, BabyGurl124, Bob McDob, George Washington and I were just hanging at South Point mall...

New England?! George Washington's never been to the South Point mall!!

Back