So, who's going to the Austin GDC RSI Livestream?

Chuckles

Commodore
Seems I moved to Austin at just the right time. Signed up for that in-person livestream the RSI site promoted, since I haven't been able to con/blackmail/plead/beg any of my developer buddies here or on the west coast to sneak me into GDC proper. So here's hoping for a grand reveal.

Also, I remember there being something about another archival trip to Mystic. Well seeing I live in Austin now, I'd be happy to volunteer for some busy work helping out as well.

Lucky guy!

LOAF, ace and Chris are going down from the CIC. I would have loved to have gone, but when it rains it pours.

Hey guys - you do NOT neeed a GDC Online pass to see Chris' announcement. Sign up for the Roberts Space Industries website and print off the "Golden Ticket"; that will get you in.

Groovy, though just to clarify since I haven't seen any details from the RSI site:

Any print off of the ticket or does it need to be color?
There a specific door/event/time that we have to be at to let us in for the announcement?

Any print of the ticket is fine; in fact you probably won't even ultimately need it... but just inc ase!

The event is in ballroom D and starts at 9 AM. I'd try and get there at least half an hour early... I will probably be there all morning beforehand if you want to say hey!

Won't be making it, I'm afraid. The real reason is need to work/lack of gas money, but the reason I'm going to posit is the fact that Saturday is the Red River Shootout, I'm an OU alum/employee, and if I'm spotted in Austin this week I might be shot on sight as a spy...

Awesome, I'll be there.

Since you're sticking around for a week, might I suggest a few places to eat and other distractions. Saw that you already hit up Amy's and the Drafthouse. El Patio's enchiladas are wonderful, and Trudy's ain't too bad. Most people say go to Chuy's, but they don't mention the north Chuy's, that place is rotten. Green Mesquite has pretty good BBQ, their chicken and pork are the best. If you're hankering for a good pizza, Conan's is the way to go. While the Caps and Canucks aren't playing this year, the Texas Stars Minor league hockey team is, they're 45 minutes north in Cedar Park, and the game opener is on the 10th at night. You're missing ACL by a week early (not a terrible thing to miss the crowds), but The Elephant room has some good jazz every night, and 6th Street is pretty diverse as far as other genres. The Russell Center's also having a 10 year party and exhibit. Pretty sure you've walked up Congress, just make sure you check it out south of the river, good stuff along the drag there. Random shopping walks can be found at the Dominion north on 35, a little past Palmer and to the west.

Chuckles said:
Awesome, I'll be there.

Since you're sticking around for a week, might I suggest a few places to eat and other distractions. Saw that you already hit up Amy's and the Drafthouse. El Patio's enchiladas are wonderful, and Trudy's ain't too bad. Most people say go to Chuy's, but they don't mention the north Chuy's, that place is rotten. Green Mesquite has pretty good BBQ, their chicken and pork are the best. If you're hankering for a good pizza, Conan's is the way to go. While the Caps and Canucks aren't playing this year, the Texas Stars Minor league hockey team is, they're 45 minutes north in Cedar Park, and the game opener is on the 10th at night. You're missing ACL by a week early (not a terrible thing to miss the crowds), but The Elephant room has some good jazz every night, and 6th Street is pretty diverse as far as other genres. The Russell Center's also having a 10 year party and exhibit. Pretty sure you've walked up Congress, just make sure you check it out south of the river, good stuff along the drag there. Random shopping walks can be found at the Dominion north on 35, a little past Palmer and to the west.

That's awful kind of you. I actually went to UT, but as a group we're terrible at making food decisions so this is a help. :)

Back