So whats up with the action figures?

They were put out with the 1999 movie but weren't hot sellers (mostly due to the poor marketing of the movie in general - as well as hiring a fourth rate company to produce them). You can find them cheap almost anywhere if you look hard enough.

Eight figures were produced: Blair in Marine Armor, Blair in Flight Suit, Maniac, Angel, Paladin, Kilrathi Pilot, Kilrathi General (Bokoth) and Pilgrim Traitor (Admiral Wilson).

The two vehicles (Rapier and Dralthi) which appeared in the advertisements were never released; only prototypes exist.

My daughter has too many Barbies, if you're wanting dolls to play with. :D

You could call two of them Flint and Rachel.

Was the shipping date of the Wing Commander action figures pushed back? I don't remember finding them when the movie was in theaters, only finding them late that summer over at Suncoast. Back then I thought it was a little odd to have action figures come out for a movie that wasn't even in theaters anymore.

Hehehe

Ben Lesnick
Goodall Wooten
2112 Guadalupe Room 506
Austin, TX 78705

Was the shipping date of the Wing Commander action figures pushed back? I don't remember finding them when the movie was in theaters, only finding them late that summer over at Suncoast. Back then I thought it was a little odd to have action figures come out for a movie that wasn't even in theaters anymore.

Yes, they were. The movie release date wasn't finalized until February or so, and they weren't able to synch up a lot of the tie-in products properly.

TopGun said:
No Doubt, but would it have felt the same?

Well, at the end of the day he'd have more Dralthis and Rapiers and $500 cash. So I'd probably feel better.

Back