3 Heavy Ion Guns
20 Dual Laser Turrets
6 IR Missile Turrets
5 SAR's
1 Condor Refueler
1 SWACS
1 Marine LC
1 Marine Battalion

Not nearly enough information to make a determination. Lots of specs that aren't mentioned, and a narrative would really help us envision your idea, its purpose, and its operation.

and 200kps with scoops closed, that is slow as hell for a max scoop closed velocity considering that the Tarawa went to 10,000 kps with scoops closed. the 200 sounds like a good scoops open max velocity

Fair enough. It is slower than the Cerberus, carries not an abnormally large fighter wing, perhaps a bit too many anti-fighter armament (almost as much as the Midway). If it isn't armoured like hell, IMO it is OK.
Only one question: Is a battalion of marines much? And if so, then you should perhaps lower that number.

Get that picture up man. gotta see this :)
at school i am working on my own 3d ship model. its a Terra class battleship.

Nice Lego ship. Maybe make a bigger model so you can have Lego fighters hung around it, going in and out of the landing bay. Nice work!

RFB

I make RC model airplanes as a second hobby, I might just build me a carrier or a fighter. I want to make a model of the classic Centurion, since it has a delta wing shape, I might actually be able to make it fly. Add some servos and some control surfaces and it just might be able to soar the skies! Hmm.....time to break out the drafting board!! :)

RFB

It's a strike carrier? With 80 fighters? What exactly is it supposed to strike against, with 80 fighters? Space Lemmings? :)

Errr... that's a fine number of fighters, for a strike carrier. Victory did okay with 40, and Tarawa with 45...:)

Aw, come on :). We're talking 2681 here. Now, granted, he didn't put "Heavy" in front of "Strike Carrier", but you'd really expect something like the 'Claw's fighter compliment by this time.

Though, now that I think about it, the 'Claw only had 24 more fighters. Well, all right, I suppose 80 ain't bad :).

Originally posted by RFBurns
I make RC model airplanes as a second hobby, I might just build me a carrier or a fighter. I want to make a model of the classic Centurion, since it has a delta wing shape, I might actually be able to make it fly. Add some servos and some control surfaces and it just might be able to soar the skies! Hmm.....time to break out the drafting board!! :)

RFB

That sounds cool, but what about the engine? Where will you place it? I think the Demon might be able to fly as well...

The engine will be placed inside and in between the scoop housings, there are 4 of them on the Centurion, the 4 scoop housings will serve as the ducts for air input, and of course, the air will pass thru them and out the back. The size of the thing will be fairly large, I would probably make the wingspan 4 to 6 feet. The Centurion has small tail fins, which will serve as the vertical stabalizers, and since the wing of the Centurion is a Delta wing shape, it wont require any elivator control surface. I might have to put small helper fins on the sides just below the cockpit for take offs, but main control will be on the alierons on the wings and the vertical stabalizers. Retractable landing gear, maybe even a small CCD camera in the cockpit to allow a point of view from the cockpit. First I need to find a wireframe drawing of the Centurion so I can start building the framework with either balsa wood or light aluminum tubing. As for the engine to use, there might be 4 of them in each scoop housing. Hopefully someone out here has a wireframe drawing of the Centurion so I can get this started soon.

RFB

Back