SO Vampire screen

vax

Spaceman
Does anyone have a good pic of the screen with the 2 Vampires on it that says 'Downloading Mission Data' on it? I can't get that with any of my screen captures.

You need to extract it from data.tre.
Its called splash0.iff in the mission/ folder. Rename it to splash0.mat and open with texconv. The pic itself doesnt have the 'Downloading Mission Data' on it, its SO that place it on while loading the mission.

Sorry, but a link would be easier than looking all over for them, which I've been doing....

Originally posted by KillerWave
You need to extract it from data.tre.
It's called splash0.iff in the mission/ folder.
In case no one has worked it out already, it's actually in MISSION.TRE. Saves having to extract that gigantic DATA.TRE...

Rename it to splash0.mat and open with texconv.
Just tried that, but got a message saying couldn't find PAL\pal55.pal or something like that. :(

Since splash.iff was in data.tre, i tough splash0.iff would be there too, but you dont need to extract the entire tree to get a single file.
The pal might be on data.tre. I have pal555.pal, thats it, or its really is pal55.pal?

I tried getting it out but I can't get treman to work. All I wanted was a freakin jpg of that pic to put on my desktop.

I tried doing that but I got some error message about setting the dos window memory to maximum or something. I did that and it still didn't work.

I had the same problem once... do not set the DOS window memory to the maximum. On the contrary, set it all to automatic - for once, Windows is actually helpful :p.

...you dont need to extract the entire tree to get a single file.
I meant from the original 113MB file - I don't have SO installed at the moment.

The pal might be on data.tre. I have pal555.pal, thats it, or its really is pal55.pal?
Yeah, it's pal555.pal - I was going from memory. So is that in DATA.TRE? So much for saving time...

Okay, I have splash0.iff (renamed to splash0.mat), I have pal555.pal in the PAL subdirectory, I have TexConv, but when I try to open the file, the program freezes. :(

Back