Snakier (movie)

frostytheplebe

Seventh Part of the Seal
Since there seems to be a rehashing of interest in the WCM lately, I figure this would be a good time to ask the question that has plagued me for a short time...

Are the Snakiers in the movie the same as the ones in the game? Because in the game, if I'm not mistaken, the Snakier is a carrier. But in the movie, we see a ship classified as a battleship. Later, we see another ship almost identical referred to as the Snakier.

WCM - Kilrathi Ship Guide - Snakier

Not that anyone ever notices, but there are actually six different types of Kilrathi Capships seen (sort of) in the movie. Actually there's five but we can kind of count the fact that there's a VDU image of a Dorkir.

I'll try and outline each type of ship in separate posts, starting with the Snakier since that's what you asked about initially:

Snakier.jpg

Snakier2.jpg

WCM - Kilrathi Ship Guide - Battleship

Second in line is the Battleship. The Battleship is very very similar to the snakier. One of the main differences I see is that there isn't as many ribs on the Battleship... This is the ship that - along with two destroyers - ambushes the Tiger's Claw earlier on in the film. The smaller ship seen in these shots is a destroyer.

Battleship.jpg

battleship2.jpg

Destroyer_and_battleship.jpg

Destroyer_and_battleship2.jpg

Destroyer_and_battleship4.jpg

WCM - Kilrathi Ship Guide - Destroyer

And now a few pictures of the destroyer all by it's lonesome... The second image is one I composited from the scene where one of the destroyers is bombing the asteroids. According to the Confed Handbook, this is a Ralari, though it is never specifically stated in the film. During the ambush attack and also the asteroid bombing, and shortly before the broadside scene this ship is consistently refered to as simply a Destroyer.

Destroyer.jpg

destroyer2.jpg

WCM - Kilrathi Ship Guide - Comcon

You're probably familiar with this one... it's wierdly probably the most memorable Kilrathi ship in the film because of it's huge oversized dish... This is of course the Comcon.

Comcon.jpg

WCM - Kilrathi Ship Guide - Dorkir

I promised you a Dorkir... so here it is! Amazing. It can carry 73977 Kilotones of fuel for the needs of the Kilrathi fleet.

Dorkir.jpg

WCM - Kilrathi Ship Guide - Cruiser

And lastly we have a Cruiser. In the first image it is seen on the far left along with again a destroyer. This is the ship the Tiger's Claw goes head to head with for the broadside scene. I believe - according to the confed handbook - this may actually be a Fralthi though it's never said in the film itself.

cruiser.jpg

cruiser2.jpg

cruiser3.jpg

You're probably familiar with this one... it's wierdly probably the most memorable Kilrathi ship in the film because of it's huge oversized dish... This is of course the Comcon.

Silly, unidirectional dish aside, I'm more likely to be familiar with the Comcon because it's the only Kilrathi capital ship that reminds me of ships from the games, with the violent, dagger-like design. While the movie Kilrathi ships are intimidating, they don't inspire fear like the originals! (At least, the WC3 variants.)

The Kilrathi starfighters are another matter - they're probably the only things that were instantly recognizable on first watch of the film.

Back