slowdown-problems!!

Dart

Spaceman
hi guys!
well this is my problem:
i tried to modify my config.sys and autoexec.bat in order to get wc1, privateer1 or rightous fire working on my w95 system. well somehow i got it working with the memory needed (wc1) but it was way too fast.
so i consulted your tips on these sites and tried to get the moslo-program working (i got it from the file-section as far as i remember). can someone tell me how to do this proper?
i tried it in win but it stalled...
i tried it in dos but it seemed not to work..
so any suggestions how to use whatever version of this program on win9x?
(sorry i cannot give you my w95 autoexec.bat or config.sys, the only thing i am able to send are the data of my win98-system, but not from here...)
by the way i am using scsi in both systems and forgot how i freed the memory, cause now i donnot now what to do with the scsi-drivers, they eat up the last few kb's i need but without i cannot access my harddrives... any suggestions how to free these kb's (stinger or/and matrix)?!
anyway thanks for reading this!!

Are you using Moslo properly? If you want to run WC 1, this is probably what you'd have to type (I think; don't kill me if I'm wrong
smile.gif
):

moslo /20 wc1.exe

The /20 tells moslo to slow down to 20% of your computer's speed. It's probably a good starting point. If it's too slow, bring it up a few percent, and if it's too fast, bring it down. Note that if you don't put in any number, it'll slow down to the speed of an XT. That just doesn't work
smile.gif
Oh, and I hear that it's better to use Moslo in DOS rather than Win9x.

Last edited by a moderator:
Also, IIRC the version of MoSlo in the files section is not the latest (I'll see if I can fix that later
biggrin.gif
)

TC

------------------
CAG of the Blacklance HQ
"Canadian and proud of it"-TC

Ok I got moslo to work once or twice but now it has no effect whatsoever no matter what speed I enter what could be the problem?

------------------
Don't look conspicuous-it draws fire.

Hmmm....

Could it be that computers are getting too fast for Mo'Slo? Try dragging out that old 386 you keep in the basement....

We could talk him through disabling the cache through the BIOS (I hate trying to tell people how to do that... so I'll let you do it
biggrin.gif
)

TC

------------------
CAG of the Blacklance HQ

Like forgetting to turn them back on and taking 20 minutes to load up windows (I realised after a couple of minutes but wondered how long it would take.

TC

------------------
CAG of the Blacklance HQ

Back