Skyfall (contains spoilers)

Silent Hunter

Rear Admiral
Saw the 23rd official James Bond film today and really enjoyed it. A very good ending with some big ramifications for the series as we go on.

Pseudo Spoilers:

-Daniel Craig will personify all average males in the United Kingdom, with our washboard abs, tree-trunk arms and Martini-swilling, smoother-than-silk charm. We're all just like this!

- There will invariably be a hot chick, with a most sensational derrière! She will have kick-ass Commie-killing moves, but at some point be in such perilous danger that only the evergreen Mr. Bond can assist. She'll probably end up landing on him, or falling into the tree-trunk arms.

- They will definitely get freaky.

- There will be all kinds of innuendo, awesome gadgets, sporadic violence, satisfying death.

I'm actually quite looking forward it.

-Daniel Craig will personify all average males in the United Kingdom, with our washboard abs, tree-trunk arms and Martini-swilling, smoother-than-silk charm. We're all just like this!.

I'm suddenly wondering just where exactly I left my hip boots.

Saw it. Immensely disappointed. Everything about it seemed to be a pastiche of the three Nolan Batman movies, which were crap themselves.

This one is at the bottom of the Bond list for me, along with Diamonds Are Forever and Live And Let Die.

Saw it. Immensely disappointed. Everything about it seemed to be a pastiche of the three Nolan Batman movies, which were crap themselves.

This one is at the bottom of the Bond list for me, along with Diamonds Are Forever and Live And Let Die.

Myself, I didn't particularly care for "Quantum of Solace". "A View to a Kill" also ranks below the two you mentioned for me, and don't get me started on "Never Say Never Again" (if you count that one). Don't have enough scratch at the moment to watch "Skyfall" - the wife's not a Bond fan, so the next movie I'm likely to get dragged out to is "Breaking Wind, Part II". And yes, I did call it "Breaking Wind".

Out of curiosity, where do you stand on "On Her Majesty's Secret Service"? This is out of curiosity - I can't say I've ever watched that one all the way through.

Myself, I didn't particularly care for "Quantum of Solace". "A View to a Kill" also ranks below the two you mentioned for me

A View To A Kill is just a rehash of Goldfinger: instead of radiating Fort Knox, the bad guy floods Silicon Valley. It definitely has some bad sequences in it like the opening and the firetruck chase, though.

Quantum Of Solace is wonderful because its the last third of a three part chapter. Its just a tight little 70s revenge thriller that goes for broke. Of course, I wouldn't want every 007 movie to be like that one either. So theres a balance to be had.

Out of curiosity, where do you stand on "On Her Majesty's Secret Service"? This is out of curiosity - I can't say I've ever watched that one all the way through.

OHMSS is a mixed bag. Its one of the biggest of the films and it has a great opening and a great final shootout and finale. But the middle is boring as you can get and the star is... not up to snuff. It could've been the best of the Connery films if only Connery had starred in it instead of the incredibly horrible Diamonds Are Forever (where Bond kicks a bomb up a gay man's ass? Why?)

Been so long since I watched any Bond at all...

You know, this thread promised some spoilers about Skyfall. So far, I haven't really seen any...

You know, this thread promised some spoilers about Skyfall. So far, I haven't really seen any...

berenice_marlohe_gq_august2012a.jpg

That is all.

Genuine spoilers below.

A lead character dies and someone turns out to have a very interesting last name. Madame Lingerie 2 posts up does not live through the movie, but first Bond girls generally don't.

Back