Sivar's gender?

McGruff

Banned
I read Fleet Action not long ago and noticed a passage that referred to Sivar as a female deity. I know that the top Kilrathi religious figures are the priestesses, but I always thought Sivar was male. I also seem to remember the opening sequence of WCP saying something like "In the days of Sivar himself".

The deity is female; there was also a historical prophet figure named Sivar who was male.

"During the reign of the Ancient Ones, Sivar himself appeared in a vision to the First Prophetess of Kilrah."

That's the first line from Prophecy. Sounds more like it's referring to a god than to an important prophet. Particularly given the "First Prophetess" part.

That's the prophet rather than the deity -- the ICIS Manual on the subject: "This myth is the source of the famous “Prophecy of Sivar” (which many xeno-historians believe predates its reported author, the prophetess Kt’lan, and even the historical prophet Sivar himself, by several centuries), which formed a philosophic cornerstone of Kilrathi culture."

Back