Simulation Games

Starwolf84

Spaceman
Alright so are there any real good Flight simulation games out there besides the wing commander series. both sci fi and real life

Some ones that've worked for me over the years.

Sci Fi
X-Wing
TIE Fighter
X-Wing: Alliance

Real Life
Most anything by Jane's (Longbow II is one of my favorites)
Crimson Skies

You might also try these:
X-Com: Interceptor (half-flight, half-strategy, but the wingmen are GOOD!)
Starlancer
Flying Saucer (it's a nice challenge, get a from the 'dogs)

Starlancer would be a good game for us to go through six player coop someday.

I like Janes USAF, and Microsofts Combat Flight Simulator, and Combat Flight Simulator 2: Pacific Theater.

I can never forget Red Baron by Sierra that game kicks ass in a slow plodding biplane kinda way. I have Jane's fighter anthology which is pretty decent as well as Jane's WW2 fighters, beautiful game. Honorable mentions go to Lucasarts for the XWing Tie fighter series and EF2000. Going back the old school, Falcon 3.0 was killer in its day and further back, Chuck Yeagers Air Combat Flight Simulator. I hear IL-2 is good but I havent played it yet since I have a new computer that one is on my list. As far as the ones to stay away from: HIND by novalogic, Sabre Ace (UGLY!) and any from the Jetfighter series. Do any of you remember Battle of Britain: Their Finest hour? You know, by Lucasarts? It came out before Secret Weapons of the Luftwaffe. Cool stuff used to play on my 286 with an EGA monitor! Ancient history to think that my computer now has 100 times the power now hehehe.

Back