Simple question; simple answer.

Bandit LOAF said:
I don't drive...
Really?..
Whoah, how come?...

(I DO recall the Metro Balto buslines back then were about the lamest I'd ever ridden on..NOT stopping places where they were suppsed to stop, taking different routes than they were supposed to, etc. What a pain. Contributed to me deciding to go out & get a car... Hopefully they've improved since then...)

I don't see well enough to drive. I've never had a problem getting around locally (in Montgomery County) using public transportation.

Bandit LOAF said:
I don't see well enough to drive. I've never had a problem getting around locally (in Montgomery County) using public transportation.

It can't even be corrected with glasses? A TA I knew at the University of Maryland had that problem. He was a comp sci TA and he actually had to put his face directly next a computer screen and squint as hard as he could just to see it. I hope that's not how you're forced to play Wing Commander...though it does yield a rather humorous mental image.

"I see you bug; coming from me that really means something!"

yeah, I'm blind without my contacts. Things get blurry about four inches out...without contacts, I'm legally blind! :D

Preacher said:
Really?..
Whoah, how come?...

(I DO recall the Metro Balto buslines back then were about the lamest I'd ever ridden on..NOT stopping places where they were suppsed to stop, taking different routes than they were supposed to, etc. What a pain. Contributed to me deciding to go out & get a car... Hopefully they've improved since then...)

Still sounds better than the buses where I grew up--you had to walk a mile to get from my house to the nearest bust stop in ANY direction (and I lived in a densely populated neighborhood where houses didn't even have space for gardens), and once you got there, the bus came only once every two hours.

Back