Should I buy Prophecy Gold if I already finished Prophecy?

zero0w

Spaceman
Hi, to all user to this forum,

I am Wily, the new cadat here, callsign Zero.
Here's my first question I would like some advice.

I already finished Wing Commander V Prophecy sometime ago,
Recently I saw a copy of Prophecy Gold at some store and I wonder should I get P.G. just for the Secret Ops?

How much did you see SoP for? If its cheap enough, you shouldn't even bother to ask.
:p

Having said that, you'll probably enjoy SoP. Go ahead and get the game.

There are no video cutscenes, or even backdrop sets, as there are in WCP. The only time you actually 'see' the characters is when you see their helmeted faces when they're using the in flight comm channels.
IIRC (its been a while), there are a couple of game-engine cut scenes, using ships in flight with radio communications, but thats it.

SO is good. The only gripe i had about it though was the exact same mission types as we've all come to love (eg, fly patrol, swat bugs, next nav, swat bugs, etc...) but if you're a real WC Fan, go full out for it.

It's worth it in my opinion.

I wouldn't say it's a couple of in-engine cutscenes. There are quite a few of them. There's one every couple of missions.

TC

Yeah you get a little more background info, plus ship stats. And the way things are going even if you don't want to play, you should buy it, tuck it away and in 4 years sell it on E-Bay :rolleyes:

I remember some SO fiction published on Origin's site when SO was still free to download.Is this included in WCP Gold?

Hey if you got the money, it's worth it. There are more Confed Captital Ships, although some of the patrols do get boring at times.

Plunkett Class Crusier.
Murphey Class Destroyer.

Wonderful ships, especially the Crusier. It's a true war machine. The Murphey is just there to take torpedoes :)

Back