Ships Question

Iceman16

Vice Admiral
Hey Eder,

I'm making a couple missions for SO and i need a couple ships to complete it (namely the concordia). I sent you an IM a few days ago but you havent responded so I figured I'd ask here in case someone else also has a concordia model and maybe even a caernarvon station model. thanks for any help!

Sorry, with episode 2 so far behind schedule, I really don't reply to all my PMs and emails anymore. And that means I also won't take the time to put together any detailed material for you right now... are you still having problems extracting the meshes from Standoff's tre file? What I could do is take the mesh files directly from Standoff (ie: not my source models which I'd have to look for and eventually turn into useable models) and send them to you already in .iff format, split into components, etc.

Also, I don't have any finished caernarvon stations either.

Extracting the files from the Tre files has only one problem: when I use the ships in SO, the enemy display thing that shows the strength of enemy shields, armour and core is all messed up. could send the files that would make those work? I also would need the mesh and mat files for the Clydesdale, Drakhri, Grikath, and Jalkethi if possible.

Hehe, no mat files are ever possible at all. I also have no idea why the armor display would be messed up... The ship file tells the game what icon to use, and the cockpit file tells the game how to position/rotate the armor and shield mats around it... the mesh files have no effect whatsoever on that display.

ya, my description wasnt too good, I'll get a screenshot of what I mean.

EDIT: Heres the screenshot. I was flying a BLack Shrike and switched the Leviathan with the Concordia.

Attachments

• anomaly4.bmp
    89.8 KB · Views: 128
Yeah, in that case, you need to edit the ship file (nothing to do with the mesh) to use the correct VDU icon. Check Killerwave's site for a ship editing tutorial.

ok, I'll do that then.

BTW, I was askin for the Mesh and mat files for the Clydesdale, Drakhri, Grikath, and Jalkethi only, not for the Concordia (I've tried using the Clydesdale, Drakhri, Grikath and Jalkethi in SO but it hasnt worked cuz of no mat or mesh files and I dont wanna copy paste and rename another mat or mesh file since it wouldnt look right).

Hmmm, I don't think those meshes are in Episode 1's package... and of course, I'm not about to send stuff out to other people before I get to use the stuff in my own mod. :p You're just gonna have to wait for Ep 2 to play around with those other meshes.

ah great, so now time for probably the most asked question on this forum: any idea when ep 2 is gonna be released?

When we're confident that we'll meet that release date.

Just look at Standoff's progress page. To say episode 2 is close to being completed is an understatement. However, we still need several key factors implemented, which can take an indeterminate time due to some people's schedules and such. But we're close. That'll have to do for now. ;)

hmm, well I guess I'll have to wait till august at the earliest to play it, Im gone for the summer to a place where I cant play WC or any computer game :(

ChrisReid said:
August is a great time to release things.
Hehe, indeed.

BTW, I keep forgetting to mention - last friday, we put up a news update. Doesn't have a release date, but there's a few new screenshots and such.

Quarto said:
Hehe, indeed.

BTW, I keep forgetting to mention - last friday, we put up a news update. Doesn't have a release date, but there's a few new screenshots and such.

Not to mention the rising progress bar, delicious...

I'm pretty confident that Eder will make it good to keep me well-fed for the upcoming holidays. Beautiful screenies too, as usual.

Back