Ships of the Animated Series: Carrier (1/4) (October 4, 2004)

Bandit LOAF

Long Live the Confederation!
Wouldn't ship identification be harder if every ship looked the same? That seems to be the principal behind the series of four Kilrathi capital ships we'll be looking at next - four different classes of ships that all have the same essential design... a design which is, in and of itself, taken from the Hvar’kann-class dreadnoughts seen in Wing Commander III!

The Carrier appears in "Red and Blue" (in the simulation), "Recreation," "Invisible Enemy" and "The Price of Victory." The Carrier is, naturally, the most heavily armed of the ships: it carries two dual mount laser turrets, one single mount laser turret, a dual mount missile launcher, six single mount laser turrets and one dual and one triple mount laser battery -- in addition to a full complement of fighters in a forward bay.

--
Original update published on October 4, 2004

Last edited by a moderator:
two dual mount laser turrets, one single mount laser turret, a dual mount missile launcher, six single mount laser turrets and one dual and one triple mount laser battery

Dosen't seem that heavily armed...

11 laser batteries a missile battery and a full load of fighters isn't that heavily armed?

That seems pretty damned scary to me

Dundradal said:
11 laser batteries a missile battery and a full load of fighters isn't that heavily armed?

That seems pretty damned scary to me

Hmmm....well armed as a Concordia, for the Kilrathi carrier, that's lighter than usual :p :p

Whatever happened to a 'Smashing offense' style, even there carriers are armed like heavy cruisers.

BTW Bandit how did you identify the weapon types?

Yeah the original specs do seem kinda weak for a Kilrathi ship... granted the Kilrathi ship designs werent as good as the Confederation ones, and thats kinda early on in the Blair Saga, but hey! Its a Kilrathi ship, theyre all the same to me when I get them in my sights, TORPEDO FODDER.

Back