Ship references and schematics?

Comco

Spaceman
Hey guys, I'm looking for refference shots and schematics of basically any of the Wing Commander ships for the purpose of moddeling them in 3d...I know what I'm asking is probably impossible, hell, I've been on the lookout for something like that for years. I do remember with my old Wing Commander 1 box came a great set of blueprints for the fighters...if anyone has these and could scan them for me I would GREATLY appreciate it...
If by some chance in hell you guys can provide me with some of this stuff, please let me know...either here on e-mail me at comco@dingoblue.net.au

Even the old renders of the ships from prophecy and wc4 would be appreciated.
Cheers guys.

Well i think the WC2 ships would be the hardest to get because there is no pictures in the manual like in all the others. Screen shots would probably help the best, especially in Prophecy where you can turn the ships and view them from all different angles. I think in WC3/4 the loadout screen has multiple views of the fighters. For WC1 there are the blue prints but there are also drawings in the Claw Marks manual, a copy of which can be found here: http://blacklance.org/claw/

the ship's outlines are shown in the WC2 manual, however, and statistics are given.

TC

Yeah, but you cant really tell much about the ships from the outlines, beyond their basic shape. But there are plenty of good models out there of WC2 ships that are exceptionally well done.

I haven't seen any of the Gilgamesh, Waterloo, Free Trader and Clydesdale, however.

I have. Ive seen several of them in various fan movies that the CIC page has reported about over time.

I've got a textured Gilgamesh model, and an untextured Free Trader... and I'm working on a Waterloo. Once I've released my mod I'm going to make all my models available for download.
The website is http://stallions.hypermart.net/wingcommander, but there's not much there, except for a Gilgamesh screenshot for those who have never seen one in 3D! :)

--Eder

You can always try the ships database on the CIC.

They've got all the ships with their stats up there, and they've got images from in the game. They're not blueprints but they might help.

https://www.wcnews.com/ships

[Edited by Arcadian15 on 07-20-2001 at 13:00]

Last edited by a moderator:
I have every wc 3,4 & Armada mesh, I still need about 2 wc1 meshes and a few wc2 meshes. If you do them for me, I'll send you all the meshes I have....

I understand that LOAF has several original models of ships from the sprite-based games: SWC, WC2 and Privateer, although they're not exactly public release.

I believe he won't give you (or anyone else for that matter) the models themselves, but he can make renders of them if you ask him politely :)

Then you can make your own models based on the renders... trust me, it's a lot better to make a model based on a 1000x800 3d render than on a 50x40 sprite :D (the Waterloo and Galaxy, for instance, I could never model based on the sprites. They're both complicated ship designs)

--Eder

If you stop by IRC, I'm willing to give out some models (Darkmage has the Gilgamesh model!) -- I'm working to get permission to release them all as regular downloads.

<Drool>

Even though the models have a poly count which make them impractical with today's engines, someday we'll be able to use them, and I can't wait for that! :)

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
(...) I'm working to get permission to release them all as regular downloads.
I'm curious... how do you usually proceed for such a demand?
I mean who do you ask permission to exactly? (I mean a specific person in EA/OSI)

Back