Ship question

wcwraith

Spaceman
loaf i was talking to tc and death on irc last night and refined the stats for my carrier tell me if u think there resonable for a wcp carrier and i know theres no need for one.

TCS Wraith
3 Heavy Ion Guns
20 Dual Laser Turrets
4 IR Missile Turrets
80 Fighters (Panthers,Wasps,Excals,Shrikes)
5 SAR's
1 Marine LC
1 Squad of Marines
250 kps Max (with scoops open)
200 kps Cruise
i havent decided on armor and shield strength

ill probably have pics of the ship later tonight

The speed is a tad too high -- carriers *aren't* fast. :) You certainly want a *battalion* of marines (100 -- the compliment of the LC), not a squad.

Other than that, pretty good... (although I'd question the name -- Confed already has a Wraith fighter).

Pardon me for asking, but how is Tolwyn's Fury going to make Quarto's blood pressure rise? There seems to be no obvious correlation.

Originally posted by wcwraith
ok so max speed 200 kps cruise 150 kps and 100 marines

isn't that to fast either ? can't remember that CS go that fadt. not faster then at least 10 kps

When people go crazy trying to find ways to keep the Black Lance in the picture, then yes, I explain why it is gone, finished, never existed :). But if this sort of thing made my blood pressure rise, I'm afraid I would be as dead as the Black Lance ;).

Well, *duh*... *obviously*, the Black Lance in WC4 was just a front for the secret *ultra* Black Lance, who are really good, but never get talked about because OF CLONES AND THE CLONING PROCESS!

Oh, wait...

Hey maybe the Black Lance is still around.
Towlyn was a tacticion wasn't he and taticaly it would be wise to have a back up plan just incase. ;)

There is no prove that the Black Lance survived Tolwyn.
Nothing stops Origin of puting the Black Lance again or a someone of putting then in a Wing Commander novel after WC IV time.
After all its origin call on that....

I tend to agree with Dark Tower. Tolwyn was a strategist and every strategy needs a back up plan. Also, remember that in the one ending of WCIV Blair tells Hawk to "Send in the Black Lance." This would seem to indicate that no matter what the outcome that the Black Lance is still alive and kicking during WCP.

Do you think any admiral is going to give up an advantage like the Black Lance? No way. No matter whether Blair becomes the Admiral or goes to "Happy Flight School" you can bet that the BL is still doing covert ops for Confed.

The Black Lance was a lot of projects that were either imoral (GE program, Gene Select bioweapon) or very expensive (Dragon/Lance).
Now with all that happened do you really think that the Black Lance that killed so many inocent people and tried to start a war would be still used by ConFed ?
For dirty work ConFed already have groups for that.

I'd say the Black Lance are still around (huhuh watching Q's blood pressure going up...) ;)

But seriously, I'd say the BL are gone, but various other groups, who are held by ConFed under a tighter leish would still be around.

Back