Shields? What Shields?

Re: I'm insulted.

Originally posted by -<Stiletto>-
Seriously, I'm <i>not</b> doing that! Plus, doesn't that get you banned if you multi-post like that?

I'm not sure if it's a <b>fact</b> like you say however...
This board doesn't support HTML markup (and even then <i></b> would be wrong :p ).
You must use vB codes, which is basiccaly the same as HTML, but with brackets ([ and ]). see.
RTFM ;)

Re: Re: I'm insulted.

Another thing regarding shields: what is it about plasma guns that lets them do what no other fighter gun can do, and punch through a ship's phase shields? It can't be damage alone, as even the plasm guns on single Stingrays can damage capship components.

Best, Raptor

Re: Re: I'm insulted.

Originally posted by Unforgiven

This board doesn't support HTML markup (and even then <i></b> would be wrong :p ).
You must use vB codes, which is basiccaly the same as HTML, but with brackets ([ and ]). see.
RTFM ;)

Well damn, maybe I should check my work next time:D

Another thing regarding shields: what is it about plasma guns that lets them do what no other fighter gun can do, and punch through a ship's phase shields? It can't be damage alone, as even the plasm guns on single Stingrays can damage capship components.
You mean those crappy, low-damage green-circle things? I never knew they could do that.

Green only in SOPS, in WCP they are lilac. But they can damage cap ship components, though it will require quite some patience for most targets. :)
And yes, the green ones are particularily crappy.

Yes, they could. I remember Midway beaten up by few Stingray clusters. While I was busy destroying red Mantas, those slippery bastards took out both engines.

Well, those were stingray CLUSTERS. Those things with the auto-plasma cannons from hell. They're almost as scary as stupid Plunket turret gunners who fire their main armaments at fighters and useless hullsections, while hitting Cerebus several times in the bridge...

As opposed to the old meaning of being blown up up by your own side? :)

As for Stingrays, I'm pretty sure I've seen capship components beeing damaged by them even when the clusters have been broken up.

Best, Raptor

If you use the "alswantsmoreships"cheat in the simulator, you can experiment with the Nephilum ships, i like the Devil's Ray, it has the huge green thingy that's good vs fighters and the rapid fire plasma balls which can vape a CapShip if you've got the patience. but for some reason, no torps... even on the mantas!!

Originally posted by Raptor
(...)
As for Stingrays, I'm pretty sure I've seen capship components beeing damaged by them even when the clusters have been broken up.
(...)

Though I have never seen that actually in the game, it's absolutely possible because even the Lt. plasma guns which the (single) Stingray, the Manta and the Devil Ray mounts can damage cap ship components. That's a fact, anyone who doubts it can see it easily himself with either "alswantsmoreships" or Thomas Bruckner's WCPedit.

And dacis: IIRC all missiles are described a being "Porcupine mines", regardless of what weapon it actually is, when you fly the Nephilim ships in the sim and I seem to recall that you can fly the Red Manta (which is the one that carries a torp) and you are able to use its torpedo. Simply select one of the "Porcupine Mines" that only have one ammo and then try to target a caphsip component. If it doesn't work, try the other one shot .

Hmm... and i thought devils rays had torps too

I think the SO ones don't have torps, but they do have anti-capship capability. Go grab the editor and check it out. I remember something like they're armed with Component-damaging MIRV missiles. Then again, I might be wrong, but when ever devil rays are around, I always hear 'were taking fire' from Cerebus. I don't know...

Back