Shield Piercing torpedoes

The thought behind haveing torpedos was that in WC1 weapons didn't penetrate shields they are just overpowering them. Thats why I thought that Capships might still use torpedos to overcome enemy capships as quick as possible.

You need to not get hung up on the terminology. A "torpedo" is a somewhat generic term that can be used interchangeably with "missile," "projectile," etc. This should be fairly obvious, but see the Proton Torpedo from Privateer or Lance Torpedo from Arena for examples.

The problem I see with that is fitting movie and game together. Both are about Blair setting foot on the Claw for the first time.
That makes it quite confusing for me to either seperate things or to put them together.

You forgot Wing Commander Academy, which also introduces Blair to the Claw. Fortunately with the movie, we have very exact dates, and Arena's Star*Soldier timeline integrates all three perfectly.

Personaly I think the movie and the game are not very compatible.
Its more like the movie is a re-invention of the universe rather then completing it.
I should remember not to even think about combining these two.

You especially shouldn't have a problem in this thread. Nothing about the way the missiles and torpedoes work presents a problemsbetween the movie and other WC sources. We see many many many different ways different weapon systems work throughout the series.

Dates are easy. Blair gets introduced to the Claw as a cadet, a 2nd Lt and a Lt JG, that's more tricky.

Also makes you wonder where the veteran pilots like Paladin and Bossman are during the Academy episodes. Maybe they're just camera shy.

Dates are easy. Blair gets introduced to the Claw as a cadet, a 2nd Lt and a Lt JG, that's more tricky.

Not too tricky though. From the official WCA press release: "But, in war, anything can happen. WING COMMANDER ACADEMY embarks on the voyagers of these novice, honorable, skill-honing fighters as they test their mettle, bravado and expertise on an itinery of missions fraught with danger. In the Wing commander Academy, 12 cadets hold the rank of 2nd Lieutenant." And there's no information on why he's a JG for a time, but we see that sort of alternate service branch rank switching throughout the series without a lot of explanation. It happens, it's not a big deal.

Back