Shield killer cannon and RPG request

Zim

Spaceman
Tadaaaah! It's

ZIM!

but to get :D serious :D , my question is, what do those Nephilim use the Shield Killer craft for? (Named LAMPREY) it is damn maneuverable, has no shields, and the shield killer cannon lacks heavy damage. So it eludes me.

Anyone know the answer?

Oh, and for my WC RPG:

Can someone make a picture of a BSC (Bengal Strike Cruiser) and modify it to Prophect standards? For example, the landing pad becomes two landing tubes, it gets Phase shields, thicker armor, it becomes twice as large... etc.

A picture would be very helpful.

TIA,

Zim

[Edited by Zim on 07-24-2001 at 14:31]

Tiger's Claw has launch tubes just like the Midway -- they're in the 'wings' on the side (you launch out of them during the 'running' sequenc...).

The shield killer was *supposed* to be like a leech gun (IIRC), but they didn't actually ever program that in:) So they just left it as a weird mysterious... thing.

I suddenly have more respect for those craft and a little less for the Prophecy team. Er, How much stuff did they not program into that game?

As with any game, there were hundreds of things considered but not programmed... we suffer because we have intimate knowledge of what they thought about doing on Prophecy.

For example...

Null-G Bomblets were to be some sort of space-bomb that would be dropped on capship compoments.

The Vampire/Panther were to have little automatic anti-missile guns in their noses (you can see 'em there in the game).

The 'torpedo tube' under the Shrike was originally a jamming device.

And so on...

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF

The Vampire/Panther were to have little automatic anti-missile guns in their noses (you can see 'em there in the game).
Wow... that would have been quite useful... :cool:

Ehm do you have any specs on how such a thing would work LOAF?
i.e. if it damages the missile only, if the missile has to travel lower than a certain speed to get targeted by the guns... that sort of thing...

Anti-missile guns huh?
Doesn't seem like the right place for 'em. I'd want them on my butt, not my nose :D.

I didn't have too many problems with antimissile guns when I was playing games like Mechwarrior...of course, those things only took out a few missiles out of, say, a flight of 20...

[BTW, what are all those Unknown weapons in WCPEdit? They're not anywhere in the game, so I'd assumee they were added by the modders....]

[Edited by Bob McDob on 07-24-2001 at 23:11]

No, they were weapons that weren't fully implemented, were meant for multiplayer, or weren't put in the actual game for one reason or another.

TC

Originally posted by AzraeL
Anti-missile guns huh?
Doesn't seem like the right place for 'em. I'd want them on my butt, not my nose :D.

What? You mean that your first reaction to an incoming missile isn't flying towards it? :)

--Eder

Why not? Do you know how many missiles Ive been able to shoot down like that? They even put convient green brackets around them to make it easier.

The enemy's missle will have green brackets around them. Try flying straight towards a Moray (on higher difficulties) and they'll usually fire one off on ya. I'm over-explaining, I think...So what kind of jamming device did the Devestator have, LOAF?

I'm not sure what it would have done -- probably lowered the AI of the enemy fighters in the area because they're 'confused', or prevented missiles from hitting you or somesuch.

Many things like this aren't cut for time -- rather, they're removed because they make the game confusing.

I'd really like to believe that whats left of Origin is secretly working on a Wing Commander game of unpreceidented complexity but still manageable via keyboard and keystroke commands. Actually, I would be cool if a WC game with a input moduel, like something that looks like it should belong in a Confed fighter, to plug into a USB port. What would the moduel do? Who knows, it would just be cool to have a hardcore-lookin peice of hardware connected to your computer :)

U are all rite to think that way.

They all added those componets to the ships that are never used for the later WC: Prophecy games to come. Think about it. Prophecy was a very quick game with more video watchign than game playing. Since the story goes as the alien fleet was just scout fleet... Prophecy was an introduction to a new line of WC to come.

DAMN U ORIGIN!!!!!!

Back