SG-1: The Alliance cancelled

Quarto said:
Hehehe, $3 million from anonymous donors? Really? Far more likely, the $3 million never existed - the great big investment from an anonymous donor was made up to make it look like the campaign wasn't a lost cause.

More importantly, three million dollars nonwithstanding, where did all the donations go to since Paramount decided not to renew Enterprise?

LeHah said:
More importantly, three million dollars nonwithstanding, where did all the donations go to since Paramount decided not to renew Enterprise?

Most of it went to the full page national newspaper advertisement they ran, IIRC.

There should be more threads devoted to how great a guy I really am.

LeHah said:
There should be more threads devoted to how great a guy I really am.
;) We could get a petition going to protest the fact that not enough people kiss your ass on a regular basis. ;)

Bandit LOAF said:
Most of it went to the full page national newspaper advertisement they ran, IIRC.

Yeah, I think in one of the Enterprise Season 4 DVD easter egg features they mention the $3 million thing and say that there would have been legal problems with Paramount accepting the money. So it just got funneled to other stuff. There was a lot of donation, but I think the bulk of it was some big anonymous pledge by a rich anonymous fan or something and didn't really exist.

Confed said:
;) We could get a petition going to protest the fact that not enough people kiss your ass on a regular basis. ;)

Skip the petition and just get with the ass-kissing, plebe.

(I am of course just kidding. Mostly.)

Mav23 said:
Oh how I missed that word.

Yes it's just like the good old days Mav :D

ChrisReid said:
Yeah, I think in one of the Enterprise Season 4 DVD easter egg features they mention the $3 million thing and say that there would have been legal problems with Paramount accepting the money. So it just got funneled to other stuff. There was a lot of donation, but I think the bulk of it was some big anonymous pledge by a rich anonymous fan or something and didn't really exist.

I really need to get Enterprise DVDs

Delance said:
Then start your own petition against it.

Why, it's much less effort to just laugh at it and those who are uninformed/naive enough to believe that just typing their e-mail address into a form that could have just as been easily filled out by a bot will impress corporate executives.

And besides, intentionally demonstrating irony in that way is so last year. :p

After it supposedly switched developers, I lost interest. Projects that switch teams are most often a dead letter.

Normally, I'd agree but 2005 had at least one weird case - after the Sam & Max sequel got canned by Lucasarts, several of the team members split from the company to finish the game as a seperate production company (though, if they finish the game at all remains to be seen - as that was the last we heard from them)

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/sammax/news.html?sid=6133326

Just a side note: In the 1960's it was a letter writing (physical mail) campaign that convinced the studio to give the original star trek a third season. In the director edition DVD of The Motion Picture, the director, Robert Wise, mentions in the commentary that the head of that campaign is one of the extras in the recroom scene (when the whole enterprise crew gathers to be briefed).

While that "conspiracy" idea is in jest, the whole of the internet would really believe that kind of nonsense. This is what lead a lot of people into thinking that Rick Berman ruined Star Trek or TV stations cancel shows because they're successful and turning a profit.

AD said:
Just a side note: In the 1960's it was a letter writing (physical mail) campaign that convinced the studio to give the original star trek a third season. In the director edition DVD of The Motion Picture, the director, Robert Wise, mentions in the commentary that the head of that campaign is one of the extras in the recroom scene (when the whole enterprise crew gathers to be briefed).

Bjo Trimble is pretty famous in the Star Trek community. She put together the Star Trek Concordance as well http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0806516100

Back