SF-04 Javelin

overmortal

Bearded Person
I took an interest in Space Combat (of X-Plane fame) and played the game. After a night or two of tinkering, I decided to build my own ship. This is that ship. It's a first attempt (and you can only use in-game ship components, so none of them will look exactly flashy or WCish) and it's a relatively small, slow ship with one laser (It's mostly designed to go into a fight, laser the hell out of another ship, then make it home). I may add on a torpedo launcher. It does well against others of its kind, and against the bigger ships in the game. I haven't tested it against a Hornet, but I think the Hornet's maneuverability may kick the Javelin's ass. Either way, I had fun making it and it was a fun first attempt at a fun ship to fly.

The one major bonus of this ship is that it's so darned small it's hard to find, much less hit.

I will upload this file to my personal webserver, but if the CIC is gracious enough to host the file (it's pretty tiny), I'll give it over to them. Just download the ship file and stick it in the 'spaceships' directory.

http://www.overmortal.com/Javelin.spa

Attachments

• Javelin.JPG
    Javelin.JPG
    32.2 KB · Views: 47
Someone should model a Gemini/service module so we can have real space combat the way it was supposed to work in the sixties.

Back