Really makes you think.

------------------
Long live the Confederation,
Ben "Bandit" Lesnick
(loaf@wcnews.com - 302228)

The Wing Commander CIC
http://www.wcnews.com

"You go, LOAF! Get some!" -JPG

Quarto- it's fixed now. KS isn't the best Origin product, but it is one of the best IMO. Many people want it cause they want to play the series from the begining, but they got into WC to late to find it anywhere. I got mine cause I played Prophecy and wanted to see what happened before. Also I heard that many peple have problems with it, that true? Cause I never had any problems, except the game sometimes crashing and going back to windos (but that happens with every game
smile.gif
)

------------------
Uh excuse me Mr.Cat, sir, but would you mind like ceasing fire for a little while so we can barbecue your god-ugly asses? Todd "Maniac" Marshall Wing Commander Pilgrim Stars

Last edited by a moderator:
Earthworm: What do you mean it's fixed now? My main problem (aside from the horrible keyboard input) is that it _always_ crashes when I take out the depot in Novaya Kiev in WC 2.

I mean I fixed your name in the earlier post. Which mission is that Novaya Kiev, I don't seem to remember it.

------------------
Uh excuse me Mr.Cat, sir, but would you mind like ceasing fire for a little while so we can barbecue your god-ugly asses? Todd "Maniac" Marshall Wing Commander Pilgrim Stars

Earthworm: Ah, I see. Thank 'ee.
The Kilrathi Supply Depot in Novaya Kiev is... Let's see... It's the series that you fly with Doomsday. And that's either right before, or right after the series that you fly with Hobbes.
Anyway, the mission goes like this. You take off from the Concordia, head towards a jump point, jump to the other side of the system, refuel (at a Clydesdale class freighter). Then you encounter a wing of Drakhri and two Dorkathi (Doomsday generally tears them to shreds
smile.gif
). Finally, you get to the depot nav point, where you find a starbase (obviously), another Dorkathi, and a wing of Jalkehi. Incidentally, Doomsday will invariably eject during this mission - for some reason, none of the AI wingmen can ever handle a supply depot.

Same with Tritons in WCP!
smile.gif

------------------
No one will hear your cry of death in the void of space

My wingman kill them quickly, you just have to take out the turrets or they'll run out of torps. On one mission I saw at least 5 torps being destroyed by the rear turret on that thing in a matter of seconds.

------------------

Yes, I always found it amusing. But the Triton is actually a really efficient construction. You waste a lot of torps before you figure out how to attack it.

When you think of it, the Triton has the best turet placement of all bug ships. The main job for the turets is to take out torps, and none of the other capships ever acomplish that.

------------------
A good soldier is not the one who die for his country, it's the one who makes his enemy die for his.
Gen. Patton

I usually do that by accident because I get too close when I try to knock out the turrets. Those things are very difficult to hit.
BTW, is this only my imagination or do some Tritons have an additional turret?

------------------

My, my. You do have a vivid imagination.

Does that answer your question?
smile.gif

Yeah!!
smile.gif

Oh well, I get this reply from many people!
smile.gif

------------------

Back