Sega CD Wing Commander Music Project

Raul2106

Spaceman
Does anybody else think that the Sega CD version of Wing Commander was a great port except for the music? I thought the music ruined the game. I was thinking about changing the music tracks to official Wing Commander tracks. Has anyone else done or thought about doing that?

Raul2106 said:
Does anybody else think that the Sega CD version of Wing Commander was a great port except for the music? I thought the music ruined the game. I was thinking about changing the music tracks to official Wing Commander tracks. Has anyone else done or thought about doing that?

I have no Idea how hard it would be to change that sort of thing in a console game, but I don't imagine it's easy. So I don't think that most people would have thought to bother, considering the nature of the release. Seriously, how many people have actually ever played the sega cd version and are going to again once someone manages to change the music?

LOAF I'm surprised you haven't played the SEGA CD version being the Wing Commander knowledge king that you are. :)

I have played the SegaCD version -- I own a beautiful CDX system. I was making fun of the idea that an actual WC product could have something other than "official" music.

How do I edit my Avatar? LOAF the music in the Sega CD game is nothing like the music in the PC game. Super Nintendo does the best with the source music. Sega CD uses some strange music that doesn't fit the game at all.

Raul2106 said:
How do I edit my Avatar? LOAF the music in the Sega CD game is nothing like the music in the PC game. Super Nintendo does the best with the source music. Sega CD uses some strange music that doesn't fit the game at all.
1. You can't get an avatar until you have 2,000 posts or make a major contribution to the community.
2. I don't really think that you're the judge of what fits or doesn't fit here.

I Listened to them and they sound an awful lot like the Privateer Music people trying to mimic without stealing from Fatman stuff

This is kind of scary. I was about to mention how the Super Wing Commander medley is vastly superior to the SegaCD music, even with lower instrument quality... with some great variations on the Team Fat tunes.

...but when I tried to link to it, I couldn't find it! I have the Super Wing Commander medley.mp3 in my Wing Commander music folder, but I can't find any trace of it at the CIC in the news searches or the music section.

Does anyone know anything about this track!?

I know what the music in the SegaCD version is like - but it's still *official* Wing Commander music, which was my point.

I don't know where it came from either.

It's from Origin Audio CD Vol. 3, which came with Wing Commander III Premiere Edition.

Back