Secret Missions for WC:KS problem

It won't run for me. :(

I just finished WC 1 again and want to go on to SM1, and, since I played WC1 under KS, I want to continue that path as it should be easier than trying to get the originals I have to work for me on my XP Pro based P42.4GHz system.

I found the link to download them in another thread and followed the install directions but, it doesn't work. IT appears to install, and I launch KS as normal and select WC1 and it gives me the option to launch SM1. When I click that, the intro runs, but, when I click the button to move on to the next screen (the Start/Continue screen) the game will flash the proper screen then propmtly dumpt me back to the desktop.

I'm running XP Pro
a P4 2.4GHz
1GB of RAM
a GF4Ti4200/128MB (45.33 dets)
a SB Audigy
and using a Logitech Wingman Attack 2 USB stick

WC 1 was flawless, only a few odd sound glitches (other than the hardwired problems of somethings being a touch too fast and the music in the briefing and intro being clipped in length and the mix being poor). So this is both unexpected and frustrating.

TIA.

I just went through this today as I pulled out my copy of KS and decided to play. I am running it through compatability mode and it is running fine. SM would do the same thing if I was not running it as win95.

So run it as win95 or win98 and it should work.

Back