Secret Missions 2, Firekka 1 (yeeesh!)

T

TigerNightmare

I've been spending my whole day playing this mission over and over. While I can take out the Ralari if I burn after it, order Iceman to attack it and unload my missiles and guns while dodging the fighter cover, I can take it out, but that's all I can do. I can get all the Dralthi, all the Salthi and the Ralari, but then I have to either run home or die trying. I have to choose between the Ralari or the first wave of the Ralari's fighter cover. At that point, I eventually run out of afterburner fuel, Iceman might die, or I die.

I've never been able to get more than one of the second wave because my peashooters get blown off (and I seem to have a problem colliding into the buggers). Plus, I tend to get shot down if I choose to let the Ralari go, and so far, I've only finished the mission by taking the Ralari out and topping off at 9 kills (Iceman can't have any cause he won't listen to my orders).

Has ANYONE been able to completely eradicate each and every Kilrathi ship in this mission? I know the briefing says to come home if you're outnumbered, but damn it, I HATE running away. And the Hornet's a piece of crap. Any other WC1 fighter can do it easy.

I'm also wondering if anyone ever thought when Iceman says, "Watch your target, LT. COL.!," they thought he said, "Watch your target, L0L!" That's what I always think, anyhow.

Edit: Laughing out loud acronym was changed to ~~~, why is that?

I never had trouble with the blasting everything as fast as you can plan. But then again I think I play wc1 and wc2 way too much.

The Ralari really jumps out fast. If you just clean up all the fighters, then you've mopped up that area of space very well.

Back