search for wc kilrathi saga

truesilver

Spaceman
Hi folks,

I know it'S a neverending story, but as Princess Leia so eloquently put it "You are my only hope...".

Okay, I own all original Wing Commander Games (I+II+III+IV+Prophecy...), bur I can't play the first ones.
(Who would have thought that your PC will be way too fast now ten years ago?).

All I want to do now is play the first games again (a bit of a nostalgic...).

I tried to buy a copy of the saga but couldn't get one at least not for under 500 Bucks.

So I am open to suggestions.

If anyone has the game or a good idea where to get it for a reasonable price please contact me under:

E-mail: indeedgoodnews@hotmail.com

Regards Truesilver.

Well Silent Warrior,

first of all thanx for the quick reply.

Well to be honest, I would love to play the game again no matter how it's done. I tried to contact origin asking if it would be an infringement to play the saga if I own all the games even if I'd use a backup of the saga game.

No one seems to be able to answer that question (comments appreciated).

So I'd love to discuss any offers, either here or by e-mail:

indeedgoodnews@hotmail.com

So Silent warrior, I'd be glad if you would contact me by e-mail, so that we can talk about a miracle ;-)

This is your third post telling people to e-mail you -- why don't you just use the contact link in their profile to e-mail them?

Hi Bandit,

I wish I could, everytime I try to do it I am being told that this function is disabled by the admin.

You know anything about it...?

Regards truesilver.

P.S.: I am a newbie around here so forgive me if I have done something wrong here in regard to chatiquette...

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
This is your third post telling people to e-mail you -- why don't you just use the contact link in their profile to e-mail them?

If all else fails, buy an older machine to run those originals. Dirt cheap and not hard to find. (ebay)

RFB

I run on a P3 450 mhz, i dont know how slow i need moslo to slow my old game (lol) any help would be appreciated! thanks!

Ohhh, P3 450Mhz. That may still be a bit fast even for moslo. You would probably have to set moslo at /30 or even lower! Which there is a warning in the documentation in moslo about setting it that low. But chances are it might, just might run the older versions. Another problem you might run into is the requirement of DOS drivers for your sound card, vid card, mouse, jstick and some settings in your DOS boot. I think you might want to consider purchasing an older machine, say a p133 or even a p233 and use moslo as needed on the old versions. Save you some frustration!

RFB

I also run off a P3 450, and WC2 should work fine even without a slowdown program. WC1 is a different story. With moslo, it's either too fast of jerky. Have fun.

I'd try to acquire that PC Gamer Demo disc with the KS WC1 on it if I were you. That's what I did. Might be kinda hard to find though.

I havent been able to get moslo to work. but i guess thats because i suck at dos :(
pls no instructions. i got enough allready;)

Originally posted by Ghost
moslo IS for DOS

isn't that what i said the reason im having trouble with it is?
But i saw an old comp with a cdrom drive i might pickup. but its $250. ill try to haggle it down. :)

Re: e-mail

Originally posted by truesilver
I wish I could, everytime I try to do it I am being told that this function is disabled by the admin.
[/B][/QUOTE]
The email in the profile is disabled. If the poster has a "Mail" button above their post, use that instead.

Originally posted by RATM
nope i got WC2 deluxe and its running way to fast to be able to play, lol.
Er... WC2 normally has a frame-rate device included with it...
Have you tried hitting CTRL + "-" or CTRL + "+", it should decrease/increase the frame rate to an acceptable level...
Otherwise, as the others said, use MoSlo or Slowdown... :)

Originally posted by Ladiesman^

I'd try to acquire that PC Gamer Demo disc with the KS WC1 on it if I were you. That's what I did. Might be kinda hard to find though.

No its very easy to get in fact, and I'd recommend this as the best way to get hold of KS WC1. You can fax/email them and order a copy of the CD (July 2000). Its $10 international, including postage, and even cheaper for within the US.

I called them back in late March, they said it be about 6 to 8 weeks to get the CD, but it wont cost a thing! They said "Oh, were sorry you never got your CD with that issue, we will send one to you right away at no charge!". Of course I said "WOOHOO!" :)

RFB

Back