Scimitar; somehow I don't remember tissue paper armor!

DarKevBar

Spaceman
Hello Again Folks!!

I must admit either I am a whole lot rustier then I thought I was or the difficulty factor of this MOD is set just a TAD high. I know I wanted a challenge but from what I remember (as the title of this post implies) I DON"T REMEMBER THE ARMOR AND SHIELDS OF THE SCIMITAR HAVING THE TENSILE STRENGTH OF TISSUE PAPER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay now that I have that bit of a rant out of the way seriously this thing is HARD. My god, I remember the last time I flew scimitars in WC 1 & 2 (and the add-on packs) they could kick some serious butt. But they could at least take a hit!! Oh well, I refuse to give up (one reason is because I'm still on mission 2), I used to be quite good as I recall. Now a whole lot of years later, I have to regain that old magic touch that cat's feared across known space.

Now to dig out the leather flight gloves!!

DarKevbar

Besides, we had to keep it consistant. You can only upgrade a fighter so much.. the scims are *old*. You have really old fighters going up against state of the art ones, and alien fighters. In terms of tech, logically, it's slanted towards them, and that comes out in the balance of the game.

Hey, the Border Worlds are just trying to be environmentally friendly. What better resource for armour manufacture than recycled paper? :)

Originally posted by Quarto
Hey, the Border Worlds are just trying to be environmentally friendly. What better resource for armour manufacture than recycled paper? :)

I could take a shot at the script here, but I won't. Open your guard again and I won't be so merciful. :)

what? were you going to say the script is recycled? or that it's written on recycled paper?

Originally posted by Delance
I could take a shot at the script here, but I won't. Open your guard again and I won't be so merciful. :)

i believe he is refering to Quarto's use of the phrase 'environmentally friendly', and threatening to bring the thread that is going on about the environment to this forum

Ok, to get serious here, the Scimitar's armor is actually tougher than that of any other BW ship that you get to fly in the UE campaign (The Avenger has heavier armor, but you only get to fly it in the simulator). The Scimitar's armor is comparable to that on a Tigershark or a Panther, and its shields are about 1/4 less than those on a Tigershark. While the Scimitar does not have the "armored tank" feel that it had in WC1, it is still decently protected. Compared to the Epee, it has 50% thicker shields and triple the armor, and its armor is also nearly as good as the Grathra.

The Thing with the Scim is shields. Once the Shields go down you're toast.

The Bearcat, Banshee, Avenger and probably the Vind have heavier shields.

Originally posted by Ijuin
Compared to the Epee, it has 50% thicker shields and triple the armor, and its armor is also nearly as good as the Grathra.
Please, it's Gratha :p.

Surely he means to strap them to the Scim and use them as mines, because it's pretty well known those two fighters don't work in space. ;)

As to the difficulty, if all else fails you can use the invuln cheat, which is conveniently located in the options menu!

Just speaking of out moded old fighters... they can still fight.. but are still out moded =).

Back