Scim Milk (October 12, 2017)

Bandit LOAF

Long Live the Confederation!
Here's one that goes back a bit: DefianceIndustries, master of the Vision Engine visual Upgrade Pack, happened across a Wing Commander-inspired ship design he'd worked on some years ago: a 'movie' version of the CF-105 Scimitar! It's a pretty neat concept, mixing the classic Scimitar with the look of the movie's Rapier. Scimitars were mentioned as precursors to the movie's Rapiers in the Confederation Handbook's Joan's Fighting Ships section... in fact, it's where the CF-105 designation originates from!

--
Original update published on October 12, 2017

Last edited by a moderator:
I realise it's not easy to think of news titles every day, but I hope people know the 'c' in scimitar is silent...

Interesting concept... it's been a while, but in the lore are we supposed to be considering the Scimitar in the movie is the same one that we see in the original WC1 game? Not intending to start a debate/argument with this, just a question because it's been years since I was involved in any of those discussions about trying to reconcile the movie concepts with what we know of the game universe.

I don't honestly remember. Though if it was a WC1 Scimitar, it creates a gigantic visual disconnect between the two. The WC1 Scimitar would look a great deal more advanced than the Rapier. The above was my brain's attempt to rectify the artistic styles between the two. It might have failed more than it succeeded, but I was just noodling around a concept. I think if I were to revise it again I'd make the fuselage look less like a colt 1911 and make it a bit more cylindrical and nudge it in a more F-104 Starfighter direction.

I realise it's not easy to think of news titles every day, but I hope people know the 'c' in scimitar is silent...

Interesting concept... it's been a while, but in the lore are we supposed to be considering the Scimitar in the movie is the same one that we see in the original WC1 game? Not intending to start a debate/argument with this, just a question because it's been years since I was involved in any of those discussions about trying to reconcile the movie concepts with what we know of the game universe.

I would say so; it's only ever referenced in passing (no stats or visual)... so it's likely intended to be the same ship.

Back