SB16PCI in DOS problem.

Ado

Spaceman
I've been going through all the threads around here regarding getting the SB16PCI to function under DOS.

I've downloaded and installed the DOS configuration manager properly, but I'm stuck when it comes to installing the actual DOS drivers (95dosapp.exe I believe the file is called).

I follow the readme.txt to the letter, but when I boot up from my bootdisk to run the diagnostic tool, it fails when setting the base I/O adresse.

I've tried every option here, including auto detect, but it simply won't detect my card. Under Windows, I *know* it's 220, and I've even tried running the diagnostic tool from a DOS prompt, in which case it just freezes.

Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong? I've noticed several people having problems with getting the SBPCI to function under DOS. Odd too, cause my SB Audigy will happily run in DOS mode, but I use that card in my regular machine.

Sometimes it's caused by a IRQ conflict or a bad driver. For the IRQ conflict, you can disable the hardware you will not use by typing REM in front of the device in autoexec.bat and config.sys in the root of the C drive.
But, since the program crash during the diagnotics, maybe it's not the right driver.

Back