Saw this in another forum..

ChrisReid

Super Soaker Collector / Administrator
Why do Asians come to America?

Generally, it seems that Asian men come to this country to avenge the death or kidnapping of a father/mother/brother/family friend. Then they meet up with a wise-crackin' street-smart cop who plays by his own rules. Though there is some initial tension, they eventually overcome their differences and are able to conquer adversity. Usually this happens through a combination of the cop's negotiation skills/contacts and the Asian's incredible martial arts ability.

If you have immigrated to this country from the East, was this pretty much your experience? If so, do you plan on staying here in the United States for future adventures and hijinks with your new American buddy? Or will you return to your homeland, now that you have restored your family's honor?

In Rio, all we have is elephants, snakes and lions in the streets, carnival, samba and naked Indians dancing topless Lambada at the beach.

So the asian story is not unlike the south american indian princess one:

Filmed during the Lambada dance craze (if there really ever was one), this film tries to have a social conscience. A princess (Laura Herring) in the Amazon rain forests tries to fight a conglomerate threatening the forests by going to Los Angeles. There she links up with a rich kid (Jeff James) who tells her that she must get on tv to succeed with her mission. Quick as a wink the two come up with the idea of winning a lambada dance contest that is getting tv attention. Sid Haig also co-stars as a witch doctor who accompanies the princess and provides some humor

Originally posted by Delance
In Rio, all we have is elephants, snakes and lions in the streets, carnival, samba and naked Indians dancing topless Lambada at the beach.

Yeah, that's pretty much how I imagine it. And in the middle of it all Delance sits on the dusty ground and types on his 486 with a 14.4 modem.. which is curious because there are no power nor telephone lines either.

There is a recent Simpsons episode where Rio has everything Delance talked about.

In Rio, all we have is elephants, snakes and lions in the streets, carnival,

ah, carnival.... it´s next week.... :D

Originally posted by ChrisReid
Yeah, that's pretty much how I imagine it. And in the middle of it all Delance sits on the dusty ground and types on his 486 with a 14.4 modem.. which is curious because there are no power nor telephone lines either.

On an unrelated note, did you knew that the city with more japanse and japanese descendents outside Japan is São Paulo?

Originally posted by Starkey
There is a recent Simpsons episode where Rio has everything Delance talked about.

That episode rocks. The only imprecise part was about that strange dance (conga?) that we basically never heard of. But the monkey gang was on the money!

Originally posted by ChrisReid
Why do Asians come to America?

Generally, it seems that Asian men come to this country to avenge the death or kidnapping of a father/mother/brother/family friend. Then they meet up with a wise-crackin' street-smart cop who plays by his own rules. Though there is some initial tension, they eventually overcome their differences and are able to conquer adversity. Usually this happens through a combination of the cop's negotiation skills/contacts and the Asian's incredible martial arts ability.

If you have immigrated to this country from the East, was this pretty much your experience? If so, do you plan on staying here in the United States for future adventures and hijinks with your new American buddy? Or will you return to your homeland, now that you have restored your family's honor?

Pretty much, every single new Jackie Chan movie these days fits your criteria.

Re: Re: Saw this in another forum..

Originally posted by T8H3X11
Pretty much, every single new Jackie Chan movie these days fits your criteria.

I think that's part of the joke..

On an unrelated note, did you knew that the city with more japanse and japanese descendents outside Japan is São Paulo?

I believe the country that city belongs to even has/had a japanese president.

Do you mean Peru with Fujimori? Yes, he have Japanese citizenship, but I'm not sure his was born there. He is now in Japan to escape the law of Peru. Anyway, São Paulo is in Brazil, not in Peru. It's far away, and it's on a completely different country. Of course, such mistake is very much on topic.

Well my knowledge of geography in that part of the world is lacking, obviously. It mostly comprises of places I've been to and the most common general knowledge.

On a different note, there's this movie about a japanese peruvian taxi driver in japan. One day he picks up this guy who has yakuza ties. Lots of shooting and a several adventures later the passenger gets killed, he pays the taxi driver before he dies of course. I can't remember why, but then the taxi driver avenges the passenger. Its really quite good.

Do you mean Peru with Fujimori? Yes, he have Japanese citizenship, but I'm not sure his was born there. He is now in Japan to escape the law of Peru. Anyway, São Paulo is in Brazil, not in Peru. It's far away, and it's on a completely different country. Of course, such mistake is very much on topic.

And Brazil is part of Argentina, right?

Well, yeah, but we had no money, 10,000 soldiers to defend a continental country and a playboy as Emperor at the time...

:(
ok, you´re right. But you´re still pink.

Back