saving my rep

upyr1

Spaceman
Hi,
I rescued a pirate for a buko load of chash and I was wondering after doing this if ther is any way to get my reputaion back which while isn't spotless didn't gt me balsted by militia or should I just say shiver me tembers and call myself a bucaneer?

I don't recall saving the hide of an ejected pirate ever ruining your rep. It's not the most lawful thing to do, but it is rather humanitarian (and saving pirates from Kats tends to pad your pocket right quick... XXN-1127 or somesuch often has a mission for $47k that you can survive with a fast ship saving a poor fool from a couple fistfuls of Dralthi.

After I recured the Priate the Merchant started attacking me so I had to blow them up real good so I guess I need to figure out what sort of a kill ratio I need to maintain a good rep in general.

I've been killing quite a few pirates (they started it!) now, and everyone is at 100 now except for pirates (obviously) and retro's (but they're nuts.)

Danaru said:
I've been killing quite a few pirates (they started it!) now, and everyone is at 100 now except for pirates (obviously) and retro's (but they're nuts.)

The retros hate everyone, and everyone hates the retros. Take up a few anti-retro missions in the Oxford system, and you'll find that everyone soon loves you.

AKAImBatman said:
The retros hate everyone, and everyone hates the retros.
No, Kilrathis currently like retros a *small* amount. I'm usually friendly with the Kats, but when I kill too many retros, my standing with them drops. That just gives me an incentive to kill a few Hunters, of course ;-)

(IOW, I'm friends with everyone but Hunters and Retros)

Back