SAM sites and stuff

Zim

Spaceman
Samsites and stuff

Hello, and nice to see you're all still keeping this community alive.

I had a question:

Are you aware of sam sites systems (or anything like that)
or any other ways of planetary defense?

TIA

Zim

Anti-fighter weaponry can be found on planets, that's for sure (WC4 atmospheric missions, missile turrets). And I think surface-to-orbit missiles are mentioned in the novels but I could be wrong.

And WCIII had those laser tanks that were everywhere when
you entered an atmosphere blazing away at you. Never saw
no hard emplacements though.

Yup -- anti-air defenses are mentioned in an in-depth manner in End Run (attack on Vukar Tag) and in the WCIV novel (during the extraction of the scientist)... we see SAM sites in WCIV itself, and tanks with AA lasers in WC3 and WC4.

Would the turret mines count as planetary defences? They might not me planet based, but their purpose is to defend an installation or planet from attack.

we even can see "sam sites" in WC1, during the attack of Port Hedland (I think) - two dralthis are shown shot down by turrets.

Originally posted by NoRemorse
we even can see "sam sites" in WC1, during the attack of Port Hedland (I think) - two dralthis are shown shot down by turrets.
That depends whether you pass the system victoriously or not...
If not, only one Dralthi is destroyed and the other blows up the station...

Sure? IIRC no Dralthi gets shot down when you fail, they both bombard the station.

And why did you have problems with the tanks, LeHah?

I suppose you're right Mekt... maybe you only see Marines in the foreground watching the station getting bombarded...

I must admit, Kur was quite a challenge after several fighters worth of kills and Hobbes being forced into a 'tactical' retreat.

Originally posted by Mekt-Hakkikt
Hey, aren't you supposed to be on my side? Ah, I see, you use your undercover-persona again. Very clever. ;)

Ssssh! That's meant to be a secret, My Leige. :p

Best, Raptor

Back