What about the double rimmer (for extra special occasions
smile.gif
)

TC

------------------
CAG of the Blacklance HQ
"Canadian and proud of it"-TC

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you know why Americans salute with their palms downwards? It came about for two reasons. First, they wanted to be unlike the British. Second, sailors did not want officers to see that they had tar on their hands, so they turned them downwards to hide them.

To answer the salute thing, its four reasons why American militray doesn't show the palm. Back in AF ROTC, someone asked this, and this was the answer, straight from Captain Edward Colley(Ret.)

"We don't show our palm like the British because unlike them, WE've never lost a war!"
"What about Vietnam?"
"THat doesn't count, we shouldn't have bene there in the first place. The point is, it's like poker. YOu don't show your hand, so the other side doesn't know what you're planning."

Also the reasons Maverick put up. We didn't want to be tlike the Brits, and some sailrs used it to hide the tar on their hands.

BTW, I'M BACK!! Christopher "Cmdr_X" is back!!(And this time, I'm being more careful. "Gott'a remember to stay clear of Tolwy...I mean, Frosty.)

Oh har har har. The A1 top rule for not pissing Frosty off is *not* mentioning past altercations. Never say, "I'm back!"

------------------
Hats off to the new-age hairstyle made of bones,
Hats off to the use of hats as megaphones...

-Frosty

In a sorta-continuation of what Frosty said, just ask Gunner/Guner how well "I'm back" posts work.

Ditto "I'll be back" e-mails, like the one I saw this morning in my inbox, from Kara.

Can you say "oops"?

------------------
SubCrid Death
Official Net.Nazi, LOAF's Merry Guild

why d'you ban her anyway? I know nobody liked her but I actually found some of her posts quite funny. It was just a certain few people who kept childishly reacting to her posts. People could have just shut up about her. If you ask me they should have been banned instead of her.. oh,, but please that's just an opinion. please don't ban me.

[ObDisclaimer: The following is speaking strictly for myself. I do not claim to speak for any other administrators]

Contrary to the opinion of some, I don't arbitrarily ban people, nor do I consider speaking up for a banned person to be a ban-able offense. What I do consider as justification for banning are acts of mass stupidity, outright abusive language, or blitzing the board with numerous posts with no substantive content (as in trying to flood the CZ; regular posting on things in the thread don't count). All of the above (save flooding the CZ) would earn a warning for the first time; flooding is an automatic ban, with a long wait time before I'll even consider unbanning the offender. The exception of flooding is there because, with the wait times to post a message, doing a shotgun blast of garbage posts can't, IMO, be anything but intentional.

If there's ever any question, about anything, I can always be reached via e-mail, IRC (in the channel #wingnut, when I'm there), or ICQ (the UIN is in my profile), in addition to posting to the board (assuming one's not banned).

To summarize how not to get banned, play nice with others, and there won't be any problems.

------------------
SubCrid Death
Official Net.Nazi, LOAF's Merry Guild

[This message has been edited by Death (edited January 12, 2000).]

I´m with Bellend on this one.
Besides wanton stupidity is 70 percent of the messages on this board. (on a good day)
As for substantive content, I really can´t remember when I last said something usefull here.

------------------
The time is near.
There are 353 days remaining.

-Are you nuts? You´re shooting at real living people!
*It´s...um...on stun.
-A 30mm Vulcan canon with a stun setting?
*It could happen...

Genn to Brianna, Golddigger vol.2 nr.6

Frosty: Sorry, but I've been waiting for a second chance to start posting. I'll not insult you this time around...but you were being a bit...how to say this WITHOUT getting banned....up tight about your ideas of "stupidity and what doesn't belong". YOu flamed me for presenting my ideas and gave no reason...that's why I got pissed the last time.

Truce?

You're right, No Regret. Just look at this thread here.
smile.gif

------------------
Doing the bull dance. Feeling the flow.

I'd say people here are going to get desperate over the next months.
Without a new game or book, people will be talking over and over the same things, or posting nonsense.

But what the ****, it's fun!
biggrin.gif

------------------
"This matter winds itself ever in new riddles.", Faramir - The Lord of The Rings

[This message has been edited by klaus (edited January 12, 2000).]

Oh come on
smile.gif
Some of the same things are always talked about over and over again.

TC

------------------
CAG of the Blacklance HQ
"Canadian and proud of it"-TC

For instance:

What's you favorite Fighter, Capship.
Is Blair dead.
How does the rank thing work.

No offence intended. We should be patient with some of the newer posters since they have't seen all of the threads. However, newer poster should go through and read the older posts before dragging up the same old questions. I sure I'm not the only person here annoyed by people asking about the raking system. Hell, I'm willing to bet that more than 2/3 of the threads have it brought up in one for or another.

------------------
They've got use surrounded. Poor bastards.
http://www.sballiance.com/cgi-bin/UBBCGI/Ultimate.cgi
Try it. What could it hurt.

Speaking of the ranking system, am I the only one that notices it is gone?

------------------
Doing the bull dance. Feeling the flow.

KrisV said they are having some problems with it in another thread, it should be back soon though.

------------------
Uh excuse me Mr.Cat, sir, but would you mind like ceasing fire for a little while so we can barbecue your god-ugly asses? Todd "Maniac" Marshall Wing Commander Pilgrim Stars

Yeah. Noticed it too. Went to sleep, and when I wake up and come here, poof.
But as Kris V. said, he had very good reasons to take the ranking down. Plus, it looked like people were going too hot at it...

------------------
"This matter winds itself ever in new riddles.", Faramir - The Lord of The Rings

Back