Rygannon mission bugs

dan_w

Spaceman
  • Pressing "o" for the mission screen shows instructions for the next mission after.
  • One encounters not just pirates and kilrathi, as in the original, but also hunters, militia, and even merchants happily cruising along these "uncharted" systems, in their luxury Galaxies... ;-)
  • I killed Garrovick, picked him up with my tractor beam, freed him, brought him back to ES headquarters, and sold him for 10 bucks as a hitchiker; yet my character says to the ES chick that I had to kill him. Then in the next mission, to explore Gamma, Garrovick was there again, so this time I did kill him, as well as his craft (blew the eject pod), but it didn't work...
  • The kilrathi reception in gamma is way too much, imho. I had given myself reactor and shields level 8 and 200 armor and I barely survived (the second try). I can't possibly imagine how anyone could pass it without cheating. Not only are there like a dozen or more ships, but they also seem to have infallible aiming, I was turning every which way, dancing on the afterburner and slide, and yet they were hitting me continuously, no matter, boom, boom, boom... non-stop. So, some braggards around this forum think that cheating is lame. I'd like to see them pass this mission without cheating! What's lame is to make missions so hard that players are forced to cheat.
  • Next mission, on the way to Delta Prime, there is Garrovick, again! I was used to him by now, so I just ignored him.
  • Delta Prime did not have asteroids in the original, and I believe it was intended that way, --rather eerie in its emptiness, with only a derelict station, and nothing else. Not a sound is heard at that place in the original, and this is important. Delta Prime is supposed to be like an altar, or a sacred place, unvisited for 2 billion years!!! To find asteroids and pirates there, in the remake, is like a desecration. Also, in the original, the drone doesn't start giving chase until one is back in gamma. Delta Prime's silence and quiet were not violated.

The Kilrathi reception is just about okay IMHO. Sure it also killed me - but with a demon you can burn away and then pick them off later. I've found that burning away for 20,000 clicks then turning and going back - photons and guns blazing they all line up so whilst you might not hit the craft to were aiming at you get almost every shot on *a* craft. Do that a few times and there history.

Of course - this all assumes that players are allowed to buy a demon ;)

the cat reception is definitely too much... i survived (in a fully-loaded centurion) by leaning on burners, executing a lot of evasives, and leading them into the rocks. most of them died by hitting rocks or each other, and the last couple died under my tachs and torpedos.

Back